Note 5 not always fast charging

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It just says cable charging on the pull-down shade?

When I had an issue, even I would get a notification that it was charging too slowly.

Just says cable charging on the pull down. I just plugged it in and it says 1 hour and 48 minutes to full charge from 20%. The only time I get the slow charge message is when I'm reading or surfing with a bunch of apps running in the back ground. I clear them and it charges normal. The only reason I've even mentioned it was because I've never seen the "fast charge" message.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just says cable charging on the pull down. I just plugged it in and it says 1 hour and 48 minutes to full charge from 20%. The only time I get the slow charge message is when I'm reading or surfing with a bunch of apps running in the back ground. I clear them and it charges normal. The only reason I've even mentioned it was because I've never seen the "fast charge" message.
Still 1:48 from 20% isn't "normal" charging. When I've had mine not fast charge it has told me 4-5 hours to charge.

Waqar Ahmed Malik

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Never use the 3 to 2 pin adapter for charger,always connect the charger in 3 pin socket.. its the only resion for not fast charging..i also faced this problem so much but now its working normal.its 100% reliable solution

George McCullen

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
This is the fix I got my Service tech and it worked for me.

Try wiping the system cache and then do the master reset

For firmware-related charging issues, it’s always advisable to delete the system cache first. Corrupt caches may affect the hardware as well and may hinder charging. There have been so many reports that wiping the cache partition fixed power and charging-related issues. Therefore, it’s worth doing it and here’s how…

Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Does wiping the cache partition delete anything I'd need to be concerned about? (For example, would I need to re-enter passwords for apps, etc.?)

I'd really like to fix the slow charging issue.

dkaralis

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this issue for the last week as well. I called AT&T customer service to see if they can help me resolve the issue that I am having. I have changed plugs, and cables a few times, and the fast charge feature does not work for me anymore. It will usually take 4 or more hours to charge the phone from 30% battery. I am going to the Samsung experience at Best Buy to see if they can help me fix the issue. I don't understand why this is happening all of the sudden. I've had the phone since it was released last year in August, and it always fast charges. I have also reset all of the settings on my phone, wiped cache partition, as well as a factory reset of the phone and I still encounter the same issue.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been having this issue for the last week as well. I called AT&T customer service to see if they can help me resolve the issue that I am having. I have changed plugs, and cables a few times, and the fast charge feature does not work for me anymore. It will usually take 4 or more hours to charge the phone from 30% battery. I am going to the Samsung experience at Best Buy to see if they can help me fix the issue. I don't understand why this is happening all of the sudden. I've had the phone since it was released last year in August, and it always fast charges. I have also reset all of the settings on my phone, wiped cache partition, as well as a factory reset of the phone and I still encounter the same issue.

Did you replace the cable and charger with OEM ones? I had the same issue where my Note 5 wouldn't fast charge anymore. I got a new OEM charger and cable and I get fast charging all the time now.

dkaralis

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I replaced all cables and chargers. I was finally able to resolve the issue when I called Samsung. I am having the charging port on the phone replaced under warranty.

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi -- This is what continually works for me, but let me explain the history...

My Note 5 wasn't fast charging all the time so I replaced the charger. Then it started to work all the time. Recently, it started to only charge again, so I removed the plug and replugged it into phone, then it worked. HOWEVER...over time, it wouldn't fast charge even after replugging in the charger several times. One thing I noticed was the end of the charger that connects to the phone was getting very hot. I normally keep the charger plugged in even when the phone is not connected to it, so the charger cord was overheating. Now, I only plug in the charger when I want to charge my phone and it fast charges as expected. Once in a while, I have to replug the charger into the phone but it's rare instead of common. Hope this helps.

Munir Khan2

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
My phone was not "fast charging " .. i changed the cable... tried another battery .. nothing worked .. then I see something.. setting/battery/fast charging was disabled ... oh dear .. my nightmare is finally over

Vik2006

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

Posted via the Android Central App

I also had same issue.

I took out the USB cable from the charger. Blew on it a couple of times and clearEd any dust particles from its tips and reconnected.
And it started to fast charge :)
Now some may call it voodoo but it worked for me.
Try it.

John Fooster Dallas

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello!!......all helpless millenials who have no mechanical knowledge,or, skills.....I have come to alleviate your IGNORANCE and PAIN !!!

The stock Samsung USB to mini USB cable that is included with the original charger " brick" has TINY metal contacts, which appear to be gold , but, are NOT. Upon close inspection with a jewelers 10x eyepiece, one can see discoloration , dirt, and wear on these tiny contact " strips" that needs to be cleaned to restore the original fast charging performance. I have an old spray can of "Tuner Cleaner" , which contains a fast evaporating solvent that was originally formulated to clean the dirty contacts on old TV tuners. All that was needed was a quick spray into the female ports on the " brick" and on the phone PLUS a small squirt on each male end of the cable. Then, while still wet....before the cleaner quickly evaporates......rapidlly connect and re-connect each male end into its appropriate female counterpart at least ten times per connector. Voila !!....the contacts are now CLEAN and fast charging is RESTORED !!!

"Occam's Razor" folks.....the simplest solution is usually the CORRECT solution.....clean the dirty contacts !

As Niza

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Hii.. i have solution about this..
go setting> batery and turn on button faster charging

DONE..

sometimes, when we change usb charger..the button automatic off.. so we need to turn on 4 make it faster charging.

Tyk00n1

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Same problem. Not fast charging. A month ago same thing happened I was using note 4 charger then swapped to note 5 worked fine till now. Same chargers work fine on note 4! Ordered new fast charger still no joy. 5hrs to charge from 1hr30 is not right. Really frustrated with this phone right now.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. Not fast charging. A month ago same thing happened I was using note 4 charger then swapped to note 5 worked fine till now. Same chargers work fine on note 4! Ordered new fast charger still no joy. 5hrs to charge from 1hr30 is not right. Really frustrated with this phone right now.

You realize it's not the charger it's the cable right? replace the cable problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty