Anyone Unlock Their New Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is factory sim unlocked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is factory sim unlocked.

Sure all new Verizon phones are factory unlocked as mandated by FCC... But with that ugly looking Verizon logo and their bloat, modifications no one outside Verizon probably want to look at that eye sore.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sure all new Verizon phones are factory unlocked as mandated by FCC... But with that ugly looking Verizon logo and their bloat, modifications no one outside Verizon probably want to look at that eye sore.

For me - as long as the bloat can be disabled it isn't so bad. Carrier logos don't bother me. I see logos all around my house... My fridge, stove, shoes, TV, etc... So It isn't a new thing.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine unlocked period no carrier branding just samsung as i wanted the platinum gold version I use it on ATT and its awesome I can say this the moment i powered it on it got an update this was two weeks now, and this morning another update came in for software improvements and some other stuff for stability on the phone. Thats the good about unlocked devices I am sure no carrier Note 5's have recv any updates and yet my Note 5 got two pushed updates from samsung thats true unlocked.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not all new Verizon phones can be used on other carriers out of the box - they might not be sim locked, but there are software modifications that sometimes has to be done to get it to work on other carriers.

The Verizon logo doesn't bother me. Bloat isn't a big deal to me so long as it can be disabled.

Back on topic though, the question is, who got their phone unlocked - and to the point, the Verizon one is factory sim unlocked.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine unlocked period no carrier branding just samsung as i wanted the platinum gold version I use it on ATT and its awesome I can say this the moment i powered it on it got an update this was two weeks now, and this morning another update came in for software improvements and some other stuff for stability on the phone. Thats the good about unlocked devices I am sure no carrier Note 5's have recv any updates and yet my Note 5 got two pushed updates from samsung thats true unlocked.

Finally, someone with the N920I, does it work on LTE and does it show the LTE logo? Lastly, will the Samsung Pay work on it through AT&T? Thanks.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the 920L as well but that's what I received from my carrier. I'm on LGU+ in Korea which is great because we do have VoLTE, the video calling works great here and we have the 5G LTE called giga-multipath which gives us speeds of 800mbps down and 400mbps up.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally, someone with the N920I, does it work on LTE and does it show the LTE logo? Lastly, will the Samsung Pay work on it through AT&T? Thanks.

Yes it works on LTE all bands show in settings I am getting over 50mbs down and 21 up on ATT LTE on a average. Samsung pay is not through the Carrier it's Samsung just like Apple pay has nothing to do with the carrier.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes it works on LTE all bands show in settings I am getting over 50mbs down and 21 up on ATT LTE on a average. Samsung pay is not through the Carrier it's Samsung just like Apple pay has nothing to do with the carrier.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
where did you buy your note? Amazon? I would really like a truly unlocked no carrier branding Note 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non