How To Stop Cell Standby?

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Actually you have to have advanced calling turned on for you to do voice and data. I just tried it, im on verizon, and it wouldn't let me get online while i was on a phone call.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
I'm a t-mobile, and I don't have this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: How To Stop Cell Standby

Well, I improved my battery life with the suggestions above. It'seems not as good as I'd like, but it seems better.

Now.. 2 apps to install and configure.. and turn off location when not necessarily needed.

Doze and Package Disabler

Between the useless carrier bloat and some of Samsung's I have disabled I'm getting 6.5 to 7 hours of screen time normally with heavy usage. I also have a AT&T micro cell tower hooked up to Charter Cable Internet at home. I get great 4g service with it where I would struggle just to get a signal before.

Tweaking may not seem like something you should have to do with this expensive of a phone but for those who do want to fix this pays dividends on it.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm a t-mobile, and I don't have this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Yes you do to an extent. If VoLTE is off on your Note 5 and you go to make a call your network data signal will drop to 4G HSPDA. If you have VoLTE on you can stay on 4G LTE while on the call and surfing the web. This applies to ATT/T-Mobile (GSM) ONLY! Sprint and Verizon (CDMA) need VoLTE to use any data while making a call (unless you have an old EVO LTE or S3 which had two 3G antenna pathways). Also this doesn't apply on WiFi as you'll always be able to surf the web and make calls together no matter your carrier if WiFi is enabled. HD voice is amazing as the other user said above. Once you hear it you won't be able to go back. The closest think I can compare it to is listening to an MP3: Old voice calls are like listening to an MP3 at 64kbps while HD voice is like a 320kbps MP3 (YES, it's that noticeable). Everyone I know is on T-Mobile which has had HD voice almost forever it seems like now and when I call someone on a landline or another carrier it's quite noticeable. But you shouldn't have to disable everything on a phone to get decent battery life.

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site

Now.. 2 apps to install and configure.. and turn off location when not necessarily needed.

Doze and Package Disabler

Between the useless carrier bloat and some of Samsung's I have disabled I'm getting 6.5 to 7 hours of screen time normally with heavy usage. I also have a AT&T micro cell tower hooked up to Charter Cable Internet at home. I get great 4g service with it where I would struggle just to get a signal before.

Tweaking may not seem like something you should have to do with this expensive of a phone but for those who do want to fix this pays dividends on it.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Screenshot of 7 hour SOT please.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Check out the video In one of the above comments. It tells you how to take care of this. It is very easy. No need to install anything.

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I replied to a comment about using the phone and data simultaneously

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am not referring to using voice and data simultaneously. I'm referring to battery drain being significantly heavier when I have WiFi connected versus having WiFi turned off. Even without using the phone at all, I drain at 10% per hour when WiFi is turned on. If I leave WiFi off, I get great battery life. One visible side effect of having WiFi turned on is that the Cell Standby process goes up in percentage of battery drain, so for the time being, I am pointing to that as being the culprit.

JustMeTn

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. First off new here but every time I need help or answers I arrive on this site, thank you.

I have the note 5 and desperately searched to kill / eliminate cell stand by and what has worked for me since about Christmas day was go to >> settings >> network >> network mode. On network mode I switched from global to LTE / cdma.

I do have home wifi, disabled bloatware and tried many things mentioned. What was running high (to me) now with maybe moderate, heavy use is only about 3%. After awhile on idle it decreases and at night, by the am, down to not even showing.

My phone runs great, better battery and nothing abnormal happening by changing this setting. I don't travel tho so. I am far from being tech savvy but thought I would share my experience.

Ps, love this forum and what I learn here.

Ron Rech

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site

Guyz .. Im using moto e3 power.
Somedays Android system and Cell standby battery draining very fast.
What should I do?
Plzzz have any solution??

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s