Lag when unlocking the phone (using fingerprint lock)

cliqck23

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Anyone experienced lag when unlocking your note 5 using fingerprint?

This happens rarely, but when it lags, i have to wait few seconds before the screen lights up. :'(

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have. In fact it's almost as if I have too swipe the screen first to get the screen to ready the fingerprint unlock. My wife's S6 well.

Posted via the Android Central App

sramse05

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Do either of you have an excessive amount of apps running in the background when this happens? Trying to think of root causes and the first that came to mind is competiting apps for RAM resources.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No lag here...

I press the home button and leave my finger there... the phone wakes, reads my print, and unlocks in maybe half of a second?

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I think the issue is you have to wake the device first before it will detect your fingerprint.

I will either press and hold the home button or hit the lock button that place finger on the home button.

It would be nice if all you had to do is place finger on home button awake or not but I can see something like that being a battery drain.

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I think the issue is you have to wake the device first before it will detect your fingerprint.

I will either press and hold the home button or hit the lock button that place finger on the home button.

It would be nice if all you had to do is place finger on home button awake or not but I can see something like that being a battery drain.

I think I found the culprit. I think the smart lock body detection is what caused my lag. I turned it off and I press and hold my finger and it unlocks in less than a second.

cliqck23

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

Actually, i think the fingerprint detector is fine. The lag occurred when I tried to wake up my device. The screen wont light up for almost 3s. Normally I will tap the home button or hit the lock button to wake up my phone as you mentioned.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I made a thread before. Sometimes its really bad screen will stay dark and not respond unless i hit power button a few times. Eventually everything starts to pop up.
I also use LINE messenger

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Any advice on this would be a godsend. Had this issue today again, open my clearview case (maybe its the culprit?) push home button, everything lit up apart from screen staying black but a bit brighter. Took about 10 seconds for wallpaper to apper then would unlock with fingerprint for another 5 seconds eventually in a second everything just springed back to work. WTF?

cliqck23

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Any advice on this would be a godsend. Had this issue today again, open my clearview case (maybe its the culprit?) push home button, everything lit up apart from screen staying black but a bit brighter. Took about 10 seconds for wallpaper to apper then would unlock with fingerprint for another 5 seconds eventually in a second everything just springed back to work. WTF?

i dun think so.. i dun use any case..

cliqck23

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, so I tried this solution today:
1. Power the Galaxy Note 5 off
2. After off, hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously until the Android mascot appears. A recovery menu should appear. Use the Volume Down button to select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’, and click the Power button to select it.
3. Press the Power button to reboot the system.

I have seen alot of sites suggested to use this solution. I will update here again if it worked.

Bluejayy

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
2. After off, hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously until the Android mascot appears. A recovery menu should appear. Use the Volume Down button to select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’, and click the Power button to select it.

I have seen alot of sites suggested to use this solution. I will update here again if it worked.

I am waiting pls hurry

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Just did this.... So far for 2hrs since I did it, no hang or lag on unlocking..... Hopefully this does the trick

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non