Facebook Contacts sync not working

bigwinnie87

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my new Honor 7. Neither In the accounts under Facebook nor under FB app settings there is no sync contacts option. So I could not merge FB accounts with contasts.

Riverrat910

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my new Honor 7. Neither In the accounts under Facebook nor under FB app settings there is no sync contacts option. So I could not merge FB accounts with contasts.

So has anyone who contacted Facebook about this received any response indictating why they refuse to fix it?? I find it ridiculous that so many people are obviously pissed about this and Facebook simply ignores it!!

Heather Gelabert

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So, I just purchased the S7 this week, and Facebook comes already installed and cannot be stopped or uninstalled, so the older Facebook option doesn't work. Tried sync.me, and it's ok. It synced maybe 70% of my contacts, it won't find any of the rest manually, even though I'm friends with all of them and apparently it searches "all" of Facebook (it clearly doesn't) but it is kinda intrusive, and apparently they share your info with 3rd party apps, so I'm dumping it. Are there any updates? Is Facebook answering why they stopped it and if/when they will restart it?

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree that sync.Me isn't the best solution but it isn't that intrusive & there is no info to share if you only use the contacts portion. When you open sync.Me there are 3 "tabs" at the bottom. If you ignore the 1st & 3rd then it doesn't get much of your info to share. Not trying to endorse the app, just offering my 2 cents. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only option that works. I've thought all along that purposely using an old, outdated version of the fb app was a bad idea.

Kells0421

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I would like somebody to help me here, I have set 3 Note 5 already, all of them from T-mobile and actually all at same firmware version plus same Facebook version.

It's the first time that I have seen this, from the three the only one that it's syncing with Facebook is mine. There is not even an option to do it in thr Facebook App, under App settings. At first I thought that it was that the Allow syncing pop up that brings the initial setup was not selected so I proceeded to reset, Facebook app, Removed account, cleared data from Samsung Galaxy app and everything related to it and Facebook, so I began from scratch without a factory reset. In a summary, I wasted my time, it's still the same, you can see that everything is set to sync in the Facebook account settings, it doesn't give an error but nothing happens.

Mine was set almost 3 weeks ago and it worked as it should and it still works, when I set the second one last week I noticed that it didn't work but the user didn't want to sync with Facebook so no problem with that one, but I was very curious as to why it happened. So yesterday another coworker came with a new Note 5 and asked me to help him setting everything and the first thing he asked me was why the Facebook contacts were not syncing. Again I did everything I did last week with the other one and nothing, I even Uninstalled all updates and disabled the app, then I sidelined one of the previous versions trying to see if something was changed in the latest one but nothing, still no option to sync contacts in the App and everything is set as it should but nothing.

Looking in Google for Facebook contacts not syncing brings hundreds of results but none seems to be related, so anybody else with same issue? Any ideas? , thanks.

I'm having this exact same problem galaxy s5

Cloudane

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like FB has removed the ability to sync contact photos, maybe it was a privacy issue or something (though it's not like FB to care about that!)

I'd be wary of sync.me - it seems very shady. I got sort of caught out and think it's sent all my contacts' names and numbers to its database (I assumed it was just temporary until I looked into it). It's actually of very questionable legality in the EU. Now, I just searched a friend's number and they didn't appear so perhaps it's okay, but I'd not take the risk.

Last edited:

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree that uploading your contacts is a really crappy thing to do. But, it isn't necessary to do if you just want to sync your facebook contacts. You can easily skip the contact upload part & just sync with your facebook. Sure, the Caller ID features and the SPAM caller features won't work but that's not what people here are looking for.

Neilbenson

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I was trying to fix this issue on my wife's OnePusThree purchased Nov 2016 with the latest version of FB installed.

I uninstalled FB, sideloaded v27.0.0.15. I was trying to find the Sync Contacts switch in: Settings > Accounts > Facebook but only my wife's FB username was displayed. However, when I clicked on the menu icon (three vertical dots), there are two options: Sync Now and Remove Account. I checked her Contacts and behold! all her FB friends had synced to her phone's Contacts list.

After updating to the latest version of FB (v103), the Sync Now option is still there and her FB friends are still in her Contacts list.

Thanks to everyone here for all your ideas and answers!

Darkgift

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a weird set of events. Why would FB stop contact syncing on Android but keep it on other platforms? I just switched over, and will probably switch back...3rd party apps and side loading old versions, just to have all my contacts in one place...It's just too much. It's unfortunate because 2 days with the Pixel and I'm digging it. But this is why everytime I try Android I return it in a week or 2. Everything always seems to be "messy", for lack of better term. Scattered amongst apps. I just want everything streamlined.