New Verizon Update this morning, Safe?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the way I do it.

You are going to press and hold all these buttons at the same time.

Turn phone off.

Press and hold home, then press and hold volume UP, then press and hold power until phone boots into recovery.

Then you will see the menu. Use volume keys to scroll down to wipe cache partition, use power button to select it. When the menu comes back, use power to select reboot.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Got it - Thanks. Wasn't sure the procedure on this Note 5. I had the procedure down for my Droid Turbo lol.

I just did it and when I hit "Wipe Cache Partition" it took like 1 or 2 seconds till it was done. Maybe. Then I hit reboot and that took just normal time. Is that normal? My Turbo used to take 10 minutes to wipe cache and reboot.... Just curious.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Got it - Thanks. Wasn't sure the procedure on this Note 5. I had the procedure down for my Droid Turbo lol.

I just did it and when I hit "Wipe Cache Partition" it took like 1 or 2 seconds till it was done. Maybe. Then I hit reboot and that took just normal time. Is that normal? My Turbo used to take 10 minutes to wipe cache and reboot.... Just curious.

I think all Androids use the same function to get into recovery and download modes.

Yup, my Samsungs have always done wipe cache quickly and I've had all the Samsungs lol.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Its normal, my turbo always takes 10 minutes lol but my note 4, 5 and samsung tablet it takes like 3 seconds lol

I don't know why the diff, unless moto just wants you to feel its really doing something important lol!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87