cell radio keeps shutting off

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try pulling the SIM card out and making sure it is in the tray properly? After I posted it was having this issue is started getting a no SIM card detected notification. A reboot of the phone fixed that issue but it would return later. I went to Costco where I bought the phone. They reinstalled the card and so far no issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tg321

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm another Verizon note 5 user with the cell dropping issue. I've replaced the sim already. No luck. Verizon support had me change from global to CDMA. Waiting to see if that fixes it.

kchtwd09

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm another Verizon note 5 user with the cell dropping issue. I've replaced the sim already. No luck. Verizon support had me change from global to CDMA. Waiting to see if that fixes it.

Did this help the issue? I was thinking about buying a note 5 but noticed everyone having the same problem. Thanks

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Did this help the issue? I was thinking about buying a note 5 but noticed everyone having the same problem. Thanks

No it did not. I have tried everything including a complete wipe and factory reset with no restore function. The phone was completely stock and like new and did it. My brother and sister both have the same phone with Verizon and have the same problem. It is hardware related or maybe firmware.
Verizon wants me to replace it using an asurion warranty in place of factory Samsung warranty. Not sure what to do. I'm not crazy about a refurbished device.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone is having the problem. No issues for me on Lollipop or Marshmallow. I do have "Network mode" set to LTE/CDMA.

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have tried all network modes and the problem persists. Again I know several other users with Verizon note 5s that are having the same problem.

tiramg

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going with a refurbished replacement. Nothing I tried worked so took the replacement. I can confirm that the problem did NOT continue on the replacement.
Btw...I ended up having to get a replacement on my replacement for an unrelated issue. Neither the first NOR the second replacement have had any issues with cell radios. Both were Samsung replacements

Todd Ritter

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a Polaroid Power P600SL that is less than 24 hours old. Same for my sim card. My phone is factory unlocked and has 2 sim slots. I have the sim card registered in sim slot 1. My cell radio goes out for 30 second then its back on for maybe 5-10 minutes then it back off. It was doing this right out of the box. Even after I did a system update it still happens. It seems to only happen when I use my cellular data. I have MetroPCS as my Carrier.