Notification panel doesn't work when swiping down from status bar

Svetlana Day

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm brand new on this forum - just got a Galaxy Note 5 last week (I've owned several Android phones before, but never had issues I wasn't able to solve so I'm very comfortable with the OS). Yesterday I noticed that my notification panel would randomly stop working when swiping on home screen (in Portrait mode), on lock screen and in various apps (in Landscape mode). It seems like it's not recognizing the swipe. I did notice that if I turn the screen off by hitting the power button and then back on again, it begins to work. Until it doesn't again... I was using Smart Launcher and Active Launcher, both had permissions set to allow notifications access and both had the same problem. I just switched back to Touch Wiz and the problem reappeared again.

I've rebooted the phone several times, and clearing the system cache in recovery mode, with no change. Did touch test (open the dial pad and enter *#0*#) and was able to draw all the lines so seems like the touch is being detected.

This issue happens far too often to ignore. I have seen posts on this forum saying that it could be a hardware problem, with a digitzer. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Can I test it somehow? Is there anything else that's helpful for troubleshooting that I can provide?
Really hoping for some guidance!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87