video quality on mms

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And here lies the problem when sending links to others. I can bet 99.9% will think this link is some type of virus or dangerous link and not open it.

Really? My friends / family open links from me without hesitation. Why would they think I'd do that to them? :what:

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Well it's definitely a win.. If the other person you're sending the video to has an iPhone. If not... They're in the same boat as us.

Apple can develop iMessage which is basically like all the options here (another service) since they can't get by the MMS restriction either. The difference is Apple controls every little piece of their OS for every phone so developing this and implementing it is a lot easier than it would be for Android. Mainly because Android can be modified as we learned from this thread where the Verizon variant doesn't have the simply share option.

I'm sure they would do it if it was easy enough. Some carriers (like T-Mobile) are developing things like "Advanced Messaging" to do this very thing like iMessage.

Us Android (Note) users hopefully realize that we ARE the minority. I have 373 contacts in my Note 5 that I brought over from my iPhone 6. Of those 373 contacts only 4 are Android users, yes 4. So for me, sending a video via MMS is finished...No more.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Us Android (Note) users hopefully realize that we ARE the minority. I have 373 contacts in my Note 5 that I brought over from my iPhone 6. Of those 373 contacts only 4 are Android users, yes 4. So for me, sending a video via MMS is finished...No more.

Mine is pretty much the opposite. Maybe a handful (7 or so) of my friends and family have iPhones. The rest are Android.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
How many videos are you all sending and receiving? Me personally, I send and receive maybe 2 videos a month.

Hi, Honestly not that many, probably 1-2 a week at most. But when you really want your recipient to see a video quickly and easily and they can't
it is a huge PITA and letdown. I might very possibly pay another $10 and get a SIM card for my iPhone and carry it in tandem with the Note just for sending videos... And if I do that I'd like to send out a HUGE thank you to Samsung-AT&T-Google for continuing onwards with their segregation and chopped up OS.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
And sending the link of your video doesn't work for you?

It does. I have used links in the past and all I hear from the recipient is "No I deleted the link because I thought it was dangerous"....
Sending links works regardless if it is from Dropbox, Google Photos, etc..But honestly iMessage nailed it big time !

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It does. I have used links in the past and all I hear from the recipient is "No I deleted the link because I thought it was dangerous"....
Sending links works regardless if it is from Dropbox, Google Photos, etc..But honestly iMessage nailed it big time !
OK.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a trust issue to me... ?

Also, I thought you got rid of your note because of the whole IQ monitoring thingie?

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
And sending the link of your video doesn't work for you?
I for one don't share videos through the messaging app. I use whatsapp if I need to show something to someone. Yes quality is not great. But so much easier.
I agree that sending a link isn't the same as sending a picture. Specially with things like stage fright going around there is a security concern as well. And it's just easier to use the thumbnail of the image in the convo. You can see the images or videos when you scroll through instead of links.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Honestly not that many, probably 1-2 a week at most. But when you really want your recipient to see a video quickly and easily and they can't
it is a huge PITA and letdown. I might very possibly pay another $10 and get a SIM card for my iPhone and carry it in tandem with the Note just for sending videos... And if I do that I'd like to send out a HUGE thank you to Samsung-AT&T-Google for continuing onwards with their segregation and chopped up OS.

This has nothing to do with Samsung and Google. This is CARRIERS.

If an iPhone person sends me a video, what I get isn't good. Carriers compress MMS for everyone.

Now you might have mainly iPhone users in your contact list, but in the market, Android has the Lion's Share of users. The number of iOS users compared to Android users is a huge gap and Apple doesn't have the big slice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Android is open and allowed to be modified. It's just how it is. Sadly there isn't anything offering the freedom of Android with the restrictions on certain things like Apple.

If you have that many iPhone users in your contacts and you send a lot of video.. I would recommend just using the iPhone. That is the simplest fix for your situation.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with Samsung and Google. This is CARRIERS.

If an iPhone person sends me a video, what I get isn't good. Carriers compress MMS for everyone.

Now you might have mainly iPhone users in your contact list, but in the market, Android has the Lion's Share of users. The number of iOS users compared to Android users is a huge gap and Apple doesn't have the big slice.

Depends on where Crash79 lives. iPhone/iOS has a larger market share than Android in the US. Now worldwide, there is no comparison, Android is unmatched. But if you live in the US and only deal with people in the US, it's not uncommon to have a lot of iPhone toting friends and family.

**EDIT** I stand corrected. Apple is the top smartphone OEM in the US, but iOS is not the top smartphone platform. Still a significant number of folks in the US using iOS though.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Depends on where the OP lives. iPhone/iOS has a larger market share than Android in the US. Now worldwide, there is no comparison, Android is unmatched. But if you live in the US and only deal with people in the US, it's not uncommon to have a lot of iPhone toting friends and family.

I'm in the US and my contacts are still very largely, Android.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Depends on where the OP lives. iPhone/iOS has a larger market share than Android in the US. Now worldwide, there is no comparison, Android is unmatched. But if you live in the US and only deal with people in the US, it's not uncommon to have a lot of iPhone toting friends and family.
Everyone I know (friends and family) except one person who had an iphone has since switched to android.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well that shows that Android has the market share in the US also.

Myself I have a couple of iPhone contacts, the rest are Android, Blackberry and non-smartphone.