S-Voice can be activated only with voice command?! no old style of long press ??!

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
if i want to activate the S-Voice by long press home button like the note 4... can i do that ?! and how?
i can't find anything else other then Voice Command which i really hate.... it does not work properly and when i use earphones it does not work at all... just have wake up with voice command. would like to have the old option with long press... is it possible? especially when i'm with earphones i can't seem to have long press work when the screen is locked !! whats if it in my pocket ?? please helppp

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
but the point is to use S- Voice while the phone is in the pocket and i'm with headphones.. so i can tell S voice to play some songs i want... why simple thing wish Samsung becomes so difficult?? with iphone enough to long press the button of the headphone and siri is already there..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well if you take it out to press the button, you could tap the icon.

The other option is to install Nova and use the gestures. Setting it like this means a double tap on the home button makes S-Voice listen.

Attachments

• 1447206889530.jpg
    1447206889530.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 25

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
you miss understood me. what i need when i have my phone in pocket and headphones are on me, once (with note 4) but still with iphones... a long press of the "play" button of the headphones them self would make s voice listening and this way i could play some albums or particular song.....

what are my option to make this work again? changing the launcher?? i prefer not..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I pulled out headphones and long pressed the button and this popped up. I'm guessing at some point a default was selected on your phone and it wasn't S-Voice.

Attachments

• 1447214005182.jpg
    1447214005182.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 18

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
but do you use FIngerPrint Lock.... ? becouse when its with fingerprint or code screen locked the s voice will never work :( i must open the phone for it to work.... and that does not make sense

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I use fingerprint lock. When it is secure locked, it will listen for your wake up command, headphones or not. So you will have to speak the wake up command when you have on the headphones, if secure locked it looks like.

Attachments

• 1447216671722.jpg
    1447216671722.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 13

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
i know that! that what i'm asking... hate voice command! to wake up s voice. want it to be simple as iphone wish long press to have the s voice up.... any help ????????

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You want voice commands to bypass your fingerprint security?
That is essentially what you're asking.

I believe there is an option in the security settings that you can select and it will ignore the security settings if it recognizes your voice, the device is on your body, or the device is in your designated trusted zone.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i know that! that what i'm asking... hate voice command! to wake up s voice. want it to be simple as iphone wish long press to have the s voice up.... any help ????????

You have secure lock, with headphones attached, not Bluetooth. A Bluetooth can be registered as a trusted device, because it has to be paired with your device and your phone will not secure lock when the Bluetooth is connected.

If using headphones could bypass the security lock, then anyone could plug in any pair of headphones and get in your phone. It would defeat secure lock.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
That is for Google.

You replied before my edit.
Actually, it's for the lockscreen.
The voice specific portion is for Google voice detection, but I have my house as a trusted zone. I also have fingerprint security on, and lock immediately by pressing the power button.
When I'm home and I press the power button to lock my screen, I don't need to use my fingerprint to unlock it.
So that should stop the OP's screen from locking then he can use the home button or headphone/BT button for s-voice.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You replied before my edit.
Actually, it's for the lockscreen.
The voice specific portion is for Google voice detection, but I have my house as a trusted zone. I also have fingerprint security on, and lock immediately by pressing the power button.
When I'm home and I press the power button to lock my screen, I don't need to use my fingerprint to unlock it.
So that should stop the OP's screen from locking then he can use the home button or headphone/BT button for s-voice.

Yes the trusted location is for the lock screen at specific places. That works if the OP is at an office listening to music, etc. It won't work if they are in a car, bus or train..

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
but they could have make s voice work with lock screen at least for simple commands like "play Madonna album etc....."

this really annoying when i'm biking and have the headphones on i can't do a SH_t with the phone in the pocket !! ufff.. why they do not think ahead sometimes....?! just like apple do in certain things..... that makes me think to go back to apple...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
but they could have make s voice work with lock screen at least for simple commands like "play Madonna album etc....."

this really annoying when i'm biking and have the headphones on i can't do a SH_t with the phone in the pocket !! ufff.. why they do not think ahead sometimes....?! just like apple do in certain things..... that makes me think to go back to apple...

Well actually, that is a security risk. On Google Now and S-Voice both, the TV has set it off before and I can get my mom's Google Now to work by speaking to the phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea as I haven't kept up with rooting enough to know more than the Verizon and AT&T versions can't be rooted.

You can try the smart lock options for the on body detection and that keeps it from secure locking.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes the trusted location is for the lock screen at specific places. That works if the OP is at an office listening to music, etc. It won't work if they are in a car, bus or train..

It should work because you can also set it to be trusted while the device is on you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer