Going from note 4 to 5

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When I went from my moto phone to my note 4, all I had to do was slip my micro SD card into the note 4 and all my music, pics, and movies were there. How do I get all this stuff on a note 5 if I decide to get one. Honestly, the lg v10 is looking pretty good right now.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I went from my moto phone to my note 4, all I had to do was slip my micro SD card into the note 4 and all my music, pics, and movies were there. How do I get all this stuff on a note 5 if I decide to get one. Honestly, the lg v10 is looking pretty good right now.

You need to transfer the files to either a computer or upload to a cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and download to the Note 5. It's a little more work to transfer the media, but well worth it if you decide on purchasing the device.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I've read both write-ups on this website, and i'll be getting the Note 5. If you have everything backed up on Google, or with a quality back-up app, it's a "no brainer". On either phone, when you get to "restore from previous back-up", just make sure that it's the latest one, then hit OK. It's a done deal.:p

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Samsung smart switch will transfer everything from music to pictures to your new note 5.. just download the app on both phones from the app store and away you go!

Posted via the Android Central App

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com

You need to change the way you do things man! Remove the step and the headache of having to slip in a physical card that holds your media.

So for movies. You have a pile of movies on an SD card correct. Set up a plex server for free that allows you to stream all your movies to any device. Not only do not now not have to worry about your card ever getting lost or corrupt but if your on a laptop or any phone for that matter, all you have to do is download the app and sign in and bingo, all your movies are ready to stream to your device. I use Plex daily! It's amazing.

For music, I believe you can also add this to plex. Unless your stealing music off of torrent sites then you should look into investing into rdio, Spotify or apple music. I use apple music and love it. In use it on my iPhone and Android devices. No fuss, just search for music you want, add it to your list, download it to your phone for offline play if needed. Convenient and cheap.

For pictures, you should really look into Google photos. Unlimited storage. Sync all your photos across all your devices. Snap a new picture, auto uploads to Google photos.

And none of the above takes up any storage. Seriously, look into the services I laid out. I use them on a daily basis and have never had one problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87