Anyone Using Google Now Launcher On Note 5???

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Not really a debate on which launcher is the best...but curious if any Note 5 users are using the Google Now launcher and if you like it better...thanks...

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using Google now launcher. I have tried some others but keep coming back to Google now!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using Google now launcher. I have tried some others but keep coming back to Google now!

I've downloaded the Material Design theme for TouchWiz and I have Google Now Launcher loaded and am going to give them both a try...

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Google Now Launcher was the first thing I downloaded when I got the Note 5. Adding the Material Dark theme and I'm a happy camper. I came from a Nexus 5 so I was already used to it and I preferred the stock look over touchwiz. I haven't really used any other launchers, though

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Google Now Launcher was the first thing I downloaded when I got the Note 5. Adding the Material Dark theme and I'm a happy camper. I came from a Nexus 5 so I was already used to it and I preferred the stock look over touchwiz. I haven't really used any other launchers, though

Cool...any battery drain running another launcher over a stock launcher?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the Google Now Launcher, however there's one teeny tiny petty annoyance I can't get past. And that's the inability to set the default home screen to any panel/screen. It's always the left most screen, and I don't like that. The way I organize my home screens, I prefer the center panel to be the default.

That's one of the reasons I stick with Nova Launcher. As well Nova has a very small imprint and doesn't gouge battery performance.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Reason? Impact on battery?

There's really no particular reason why.... I will see an article on Drippler talking about different launchers and if it looks cool I will give it a try..... For a couple days and end up uninstalling it.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Cool...any battery drain running another launcher over a stock launcher?

Hmm. Haven't used it without google now launcher so I can't really say if I noticed any battery drain. I also don't watch the battery usage or check if I got 3 vs 4 hours of screen on time. I can get through the day without needing to recharge and that's good enough for me. I also keep things like bluetooth and GPS on always. I work 10 or more hours per day and am down to around 40% I think. My nexus 5 was usually below 20% by the end of a work day