Lost photos! Please help!

Bjosephs4

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to samsung, as I was a long time apple user. I've had the Note 5 for 2 weeks and love it but I'm really worried right now. Last night, I created a folder in my gallery and selected about 85 pictures from my photos to move into the folder. I saw the progress on my screen go up to 100% complete. I backed out and went into the folder that I had created and transferred the photos into and.....THEY'RE GONE. I've tried restarting, I've tried forced reboot, I've look in my files. I just can't find the pictures anywhere!! Any suggestions?! Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you by any chance make the folder private, either by putting a period as the 1st character in the name or had private mode on and moved them to a private album?

Bjosephs4

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I actually did have private mode on at the time but I did not actually choose to mark that folder private as of yet. I've tried toggling private mode on and off but I still can't find the pictures.

Bjosephs4

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I see the folder but only 7 out of 85 pictures are in there and they are no longer in the gallery either.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just for kicks, turn private mode back on, and look in the folder again.
Moving pics has never deleted pics for me. I'm assuming they are still there.

Bjosephs4

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Still nothing! I'm trying to stay positive in hopes that I'll find them but I'm at a loss. I know for sure I didn't accidentally press delete because I saw the transfer taking place. I watched it complete. Just don't know where they all went!!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry dude. I tried. My last step would be to plug it into the PC and look around that way. I have moved many pics, never lost one.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a bug with the stock gallery app. I had the same thing happen and lost more than a hundred pics. I no longer try to move pics between folders in the stock gallery app. I downloaded QuickPic and use that instead. Not an optimal situation and I don't think we should have such problems on such an expensive phone, but it's a workaround.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 on using a file explorer app to search for the pictures. I think Astro has an option to search by type.

It's a really good idea to do an auto backup of photos to a cloud service like Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Barracuda Copy, or Dropbox. All of these have apps with options to constantly upload pictures. Most of them have a lot of free storage.

The best thing about this is, you can get PC apps that you can view the pictures with. That way you never have to plug your phone in to upload pictures.

Bjosephs4

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all for your help. Fortunately, I have the photos uploaded to my old iPhone so I'll transfer them over again but I won't be using the stock gallery app anymore to organize my pictures. I appreciate the suggestion for the storage, as well. I'll check it out. Thank you, again!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty