when I put my hand over the left corner my bluetooth stops streaming

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
On my note 5 when I put my hand over the left corner my bluetooth stops streaming and if I'm watching a YouTube video with Bluetooth, it stops the video. I just wanted to know if anyone else is dealing with this.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... that's odd. I just tried it and mine will keep on going. Is the BT receiver (speaker, headphones) too far away? I tested but I had earphones on, so I'm quite close to the phone.

Is the video stopping because BT gets disconnected or because there's a 'pause' command?

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I've used three pair of bluetooth headphones that were close to the sensor and I still had the problem. The video stops because of the bluetooth interruption.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so it's a BT thing. Let's start with that. Sounds like a hardware issue, but the antennas, I believe, are on the bottom backside of the phone, not on the left... It's certainly interference, but a hand shouldn't be 'enough' to disrupt the whole thing. Without the 'hand' there, how's your BT connection? Can you walk away from the phone while maintaining connection?

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Without my hand there it still stutters and if I put my phone in my pocket the bluetooth connection is lost. My phone was working fine up until about a week ago and I never dropped my phone. I am getting a warranty replacement from att, I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think this is definitely a hardware issue and you're better off with a replacement than trying to troubleshoot as the issue might come back even if 'fixed' once.

Jonas Pache

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey!
I have the same problem with my Cellphone (Moto G1) when I connect it with my Headphones. For some reason, when I put my left hand over it, It stops operating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty