Charging Note 5 wirelessly

gjkiii

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
When I charge my note 5 on my samsung wireless device about 50 percent of the time my wireless charger has a blinking blue light when its completed its phone charging. Any idea whats happening? Thank you.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What charger do you have? My Samsung wireless charger lights up blue when I'm charging and then turns green when I'm charged up.

gjkiii

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The same as you...however about 50 percet of the time it will blink a blue light instead of lighting up green when completed....

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Here is what the manual indicates:

Colour Status
Blue → Green →Cyan When connecting to the power outlet
Blue When charging
Green When fully charged
Cyan When charging with a travel adaptor (less than 5 V/2 A)
Flashing blue When not charging properly due to a general error
Off When in Idle mode

FWIW - Mine sometimes flashes blue. If I catch it, I just pick up the phone and then place it back on the charger.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Samsung wireless charger and used it overnight a few times. What I've noticed is the phone will not be fully charged in the morning. One time it was 95% charged and the charger led was not literally up. The other time it was 88% and the blue led was blinking. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via the Android Central App

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe the flashing lights indicate device is not centered on charger properly. I know there is some leeway but not much in how close to the center needs to be

Posted via the Android Central App

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had that. It's annoying. Not sure because it's not properly centered because I leave the room while charging (solid blue) then I come back to a blinking blue.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The samsung charger you are talking about, is it the new fast charger or a regular charger?

I bought the fast wireless charger thursday and when i put the phone on it it either shines blue or not at all. It shines green of course when its charged.
So far i have tried it with my note 5 and two droid turbo1's. As long as i line it up i dont have issues.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It has nothing to do with not being centered, if that was the case it wouldn't charge at all in that position. It wouldn't start charging then at some random interval realize the phone isn't centered and stop charging.

The regular Samsung wireless charger had the blinking light issue for many people. Some said an OS update fixed it, others use daydream while charging because it stopped the error, and others like me switched to Choetech.

Last edited:

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
My factory wireless charger has been flawless in the 3 times I've used it.
It does however take a bit longer to charge than the fast charge connector that it came with from factory.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My factory wireless charger has been flawless in the 3 times I've used it.
It does however take a bit longer to charge than the fast charge connector that it came with from factory.

Been using it every night for near a week now and it's been perfect.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty