Using Note 5 Camera as Travel Camera - How does it compare to stand alone cameras?

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I love the Note 5's camera and I think it works fantastic for all of the settings I use it for currently. I'm heading to New York in about 10 days and I'm trying to decide if I should bring an extra camera for better pictures, or just utilize the Note 5's camera. It's far more convenient and I think it should do a decent job (the Note 4 was wonderful for my travels when I had it), but does it really compare to a mirrorless or even a cheap point and shoot? I'm not a professional photographer by any means, so if someone out there is (or isn't) and has used the Note 5 for travelling photography purposes, please tell me your experiences.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using Note 5 Camera as Travel Camera

I went on a nightime tour of Hearst Castle here in California and I had forgot my SLR. It was so HOT and there's a NO FLASH rule, I was REALLY impressed with the night time pics. This is coming from a non-pro photographer, too!

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

The note 5 will do better than most point and shoots. But one thing to watch for is the battery.. It kills it rapidly when taking pictures.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

The note 5 will do better than most point and shoots. But one thing to watch for is the battery.. It kills it rapidly when taking pictures.

This. As for the battery, just put a backup portable in your bag, something you'd probably want to do anyway.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I used the Note 5 on a recent trip, and took hundreds of photos in varying conditions. Worked great. Did not take a dedicated digital camera.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I noticed this is only a problem if I have auto backup on. If I set auto backup to "on wifi only" or "while charging only", excessive camera usage does not seem to affect the battery too much.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

I went Turkey last year in June on holiday and i only had Note 4 with me and it took sme absolutely gorgeous pictures. Especially in day light it was amazing. So if anything i think note 5 will do even a greater job than the note 4.
But having said that if you already have another camera on you you might as well take tht with u too. Note 5 is surely good enough but if u have other camera i think tht will be a better choice.
In short in my opinion if you havent got another camera thn note 5 is good enough u dnt need to buy any other camera. But if u have one already then take it with u. And use that instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the answers everyone. I think I'll trust my note 5 for this trip, but I'll definitely look into getting a portable charger and not letting it automatically backup the photos.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Get comfortable with adjusting the exposure, I often like the sky darker than what the camera thinks, otherwise it is a great point and shoot camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87