Glass screen protector issue

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi so I got a note 5 last weekend. I purchased a glass screen protector from Amazon. I do have experience installing the film type ones with no bubbles. I actually had the same one (film different brand) on my S4 for almost 3 years with no issues. I watched videos and lined things up properly and I ended up with massive bubble spots that I now can't remove. Also the protector seems very small and there is a lot of phone at the top and the bottom exposed. It is an iCarez brand. Anyone else have this experience is there a way to fix it? Or do I have to get another one? If so is there a better brand with a better fit and installation? Thanks!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Any phone that has a curved glass screen, like the Note 4 and Note 5, will never have a glass screen protector go all the way to the edges. They will always be smaller than the original screen due to the curvature. Sad but true.

I use an iCarez glass screen on my Note 4 and had no problems installing it bubble free. In fact, I even removed it a few times due to misalignment and reinstalled it bubble free every time. I don't know how well they work on the Note 5 but reviews on Amazon look pretty good. Many people are saying it's Halo free and that's the way it's been on my Note 4 since Feb last year when I installed it.

You should be able to lift a corner and get the bubble out. Just take it slow, and try not to get dust under the glass. If it seems like it's an adhesive problem causing the bubble, contact iCarez.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I did contact them and they are sending me a replacement after seeing photos. There is not just one bubble there is two large ones and three or four small ones

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is,....after sitting and using my phone a few bubbles settled down but not all of them.

In addition to the good advice above I have found with glass screen protectors and the adhesive that are used that many times bubbles disappear after a few days especially if you carry the phone in a breast pocket so your body keeps the screen adhesive warm.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use a Sup full coverage screen protector, no halo, no gaps. 11 bucks on Amazon. Covers up the Sammy logo if that's an issue for you.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the good advice above I have found with glass screen protectors and the adhesive that are used that many times bubbles disappear after a few days especially if you carry the phone in a breast pocket so your body keeps the screen adhesive warm.
Thanks most of the bubbles are gone there's just one edge you can see a tiny spot. I was going to contact the company again and tell them I was all set but they've already shipped the replacement. And I keep my phone in my purse :)