Is Always On an option with Note 5?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that the s7 is announced, I noticed it's being released with an always on option. Without having to turn the phone on, you can see the time, notifications, etc just like Motorola phones. With a software upgrade, is this an option for the note 5?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell if it is software related or hardware. If software, I'm sure someone will 'release' it for other Samsung devices. This is Android, after all :)

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Theres at least 2 apps on the play store that mimic Moto Display, which is very similar to this.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Kind of what the G4 does when you swipe from the top while the screen is asleep?

Last edited:

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
You're right, it's not a static image. No way burn in is possible. The individual pixels that light up constantly change, not to mention the info only appears for seconds.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Theres at least 2 apps on the play store that mimic Moto Display, which is very similar to this.

Can you provide names for these apps? I absolutely hate the way the play store searches!

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you provide names for these apps? I absolutely hate the way the play store searches!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=davMXA4F

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.achep.acdisplay&token=Sj3erQQk

I think the first one could be made to always display with some adjustments to the display time setting.
However, it won't move the pixels every so often to reduce the chance of burn in.

I'd guess the dev of either one could be convinced to adjust the apps slightly, then release them as a copy of the new Samsung always on.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks jj for the links.

On another note my note 3 had a option in motions and gestures to turn on the ability to cover the light sensor when the phone was laying flat and it would momentarily show the time.

Was this removed on the note 5? Seems I can't find it anywhere.