I Installed a fresh new software from Samsung Smart Switch! Can I get the Marshmallow update?

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Will i be able to get a Marshmallow update on my note 5. Its lollipop 5.1.1 now
Moreover I installed the software because my device was stuck at the boot saying "Custom binary blocked by Frp lock". after installing new software, it was gone !

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: i Installed a fresh new software from Samsung Smart Switch!

Was this the Backup software update everyone is seeing with the 'scary' message? Marshmallow hasn't been released worldwide for the Note 5 yet (only rolling out in Cambodia for now, at least), but it shouldn't be long.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Oh, for those of us with VZW branded Note 5's we should see it about the time that Android 7 comes out.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I think thats,what I saw,right after arriving to work I saw some update it said it was like 476 gigs

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I think thats,what I saw,right after arriving to work I saw some update it said it was like 476 gigs

Posted via the Android Central App

476 Megas. Not even Windows Updates are that crappy with 476 Gigs :p (Even if it was, it wouldn't fit your phone)

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Yes u shud be able to. If u go into about device and check for latest updates it shud say latest updates have already been installed. If it says smething else like ur device has been modified etc thn theres a problem but i dnt think it will say tht.

Love my Note 5

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

It does say "latest updates have already been installed". Love my note 5. My model number is SM-N920w8. And battery is draining quite fast. What would I do. Searched Forums and saw videos but ALL IN VAIN

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Check your apps to see what's eating the battery. Mine goes a full day plus on a charge with lighter use and makes a 12 hour day on heavy use.

Sounds like you have a rogue app or two in the background if you're draining that fast.