Galaxy Note 5 Android 6.0 Update - Google Play Store (Error 495)

cintay

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
This is my first post.

I have a Samsung Note 5 Verizon (Model Number SM-N920V). Yesterday I updated my android version to 6.0.1.
My Google Play Store does not download apps over WiFi, but it works perfectly fine over mobile data 4G LTE. On WiFi, the error 495 displays after a long period of attempting to download (The "Downloading..." and the bar moving left to right repeatedly)

Here are things I have tried, to no avail:
- Clear Data and Cache for Google Play Store
- Clear Data and Cache for Google Services Framework
- Clear Data and Cache for Download manager
- Setting Date and Time to Correct Date and time (Eastern Time)
- Factory Reset phone (Factory data reset under "Backup and Reset")
- Factory Reset phone (Volume Down, Power, Home button)
- Delete all Google accounts (all accounts in general) and re-add the account
- Deleted all Google accounts and used a different email
- Allowed Location services for all apps, (even Google Play services, -> Permissions -> All permissions, location enabled) Location Method: high accuracy
- Reset router, modem
- Turned security options completely off (modem)
- Tried turning off wifi, turning airplane mode on, turning wifi back on, restarting phone, attempt to download app

If there are any more suggestions to my long list, please help.
I have not rooted this phone.

Downloading apps works fine on mobile data 4G LTE.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your home wi-fi network, or on all wi-fi networks?

Try logging into your router's settings and turn off IPv6 temporarily.

By the way, it may not be a good idea to clear data from Google Services Framework. People sometimes do that to see if they can force their device to "see" an OTA system update, but a Google engineer publicly stated that this is not a good idea: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1r1n5z/psa_do_not_clear_data_for_google_service_framework/

cintay

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much! I just went into my router settings and disabled anything pertaining to IPv6.
And thank you for the insight; I will no longer clear data from Google Services Framework. Hopefully this problem will no longer occur.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
You could try downloading something else to your phone using wi-fi, song or something, just to see if it's a problem with phone, play store or wi-fi. Or run Internet speed test

cintay

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the bother again!

After getting it to work, I attempted to update one of the apps under "my apps" that needed update (ex. Android Pay, Chome Browser - Google)
The downloading... loading is still there, and one of the downloads popped the error "-505"

I was, however, able to download other apps prior to this failure (Swiftkey).

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the bother again!

After getting it to work, I attempted to update one of the apps under "my apps" that needed update (ex. Android Pay, Chome Browser - Google)
The downloading... loading is still there, and one of the downloads popped the error "-505"

I was, however, able to download other apps prior to this failure (Swiftkey).

Can you download something from somewhere besides play store? Is WiFi working otherwise? On other devices?

cintay

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Every other app works, just the "apps that require updating."
Some of the apps (Google Chrome) work fine without updating, though.
WiFi works fine to download other apps now

Eclayton43

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
This is my first post.

I have a Samsung Note 5 Verizon (Model Number SM-N920V). Yesterday I updated my android version to 6.0.1.
My Google Play Store does not download apps over WiFi, but it works perfectly fine over mobile data 4G LTE. On WiFi, the error 495 displays after a long period of attempting to download (The "Downloading..." and the bar moving left to right repeatedly)

Here are things I have tried, to no avail:
- Clear Data and Cache for Google Play Store
- Clear Data and Cache for Google Services Framework
- Clear Data and Cache for Download manager
- Setting Date and Time to Correct Date and time (Eastern Time)
- Factory Reset phone (Factory data reset under "Backup and Reset")
- Factory Reset phone (Volume Down, Power, Home button)
- Delete all Google accounts (all accounts in general) and re-add the account
- Deleted all Google accounts and used a different email
- Allowed Location services for all apps, (even Google Play services, -> Permissions -> All permissions, location enabled) Location Method: high accuracy
- Reset router, modem
- Turned security options completely off (modem)
- Tried turning off wifi, turning airplane mode on, turning wifi back on, restarting phone, attempt to download app

If there are any more suggestions to my long list, please help.
I have not rooted this phone.

Downloading apps works fine on mobile data 4G LTE.

I'm having the exact same issue and have gone through all the steps you have and still have the same issue. I have spent over 4 hrs on the phone with Google over this issue. My next step is to contact Samsung. I can browse the Internet check emails...ect. over wifi with no problems.

Daniel Wofford

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I too did the update on my vzn note 5 & my WiFi does not wk. It connects to router but not the Internet. All other devices i.email. phones TV laptops & desktops all wk just not my phone

rosend99

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I found on another forum, go into you router settings and disable IPV6

Once I did that my WIFI with Google services worked fine.

I was having issues with Play Store, Google maps, YouTube --- Once I made that change on my router BOOM everything worked!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found on another forum, go into you router settings and disable IPV6

FYI, the OP did try that, and it worked for a while, but then another -505 error occurred.

OP, does that error recur every time you try to update that app, or does it correct itself after one or two attempts?

Brian Johnson15

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and have tried everything as listed like the above. works fine browsing and email, but play store gives error 495 on wifi. I used 2gig over the 3g network just to get my phone and apps working. No one is taking on this neither Verizon, Google or Samsung. everything was fine until i loaded 6.03.The app to download apps is broke over wifi. I tried two different wifi networks and same results!

I used 1/4 of my data plan downloading apps and updates. This is broken...Help

Brian Johnson15

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine was IGMP proxying was disabled in my 6250 netgear router. It has always been disable, but as soon as I enabled it, it started working. Playstore app must use it.

g2smythson

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Confirm that after 6.0.1 update I was unable to download or update apps via Play Store - I did all the above and the complete backup and restore routine. Same result until I disabled IPv6 on my router then I was then able to update my apps via the play store.

Lucas Barbosa

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine was IGMP proxying was disabled in my 6250 netgear router. It has always been disable, but as soon as I enabled it, it started working. Playstore app must use it.

I have a Note 4 but experienced the same issue. After the last update (android 6.0.1) I started getting error 495 on many apps. The issue happened only on Wifi.

A few weeks later my Galaxy Tab S (T800) got the update to 6.0.1 and ... damm.... error 495

I tried everything and ended up factory resetting both devices. However, it didn't help.. issue was still there.

Later I figured that it has related to my home WiFi only. No error 495 at work.

After reading this thread I enabled IGMP on my router (netgear wndr3400) and things got better. Error 495 was still present but on much fewer apps. Yesterday I changed the DNS on my router, from 8.8.8.8 to the automatic DNS provided by my ISP. Don't know how, but that seems to have fixed it... all the problems are gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa