Note 5 issue with SSID

Rahim Esmail

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Please read the entire post before making a suggestion.
I have Tmobile noted 5 with Marsmellow. This problem was there on lollipop I have a Linksys 1900AC router 2.4GHz and 5 GHz. Whenever I am connected to it, my video content on CNN, or the ESPN app doesn't load, the circle on the screen just keeps going in circle. Also on google play store, don't install or update, it just says downloading. Below are the things i have already done.

I had a Linksys replaced it with a new router
Hard reset the Note 5
Clear the cache partition
I tried the guest SSID same issue.

I am reluctant to change the SSID because so many of my devices i will have to manually change it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Get a Netgear WNR2000 router. I gave up on the entire line of Linksys inferior engineering over a year ago. Set the router up to use AES encruption (not TKIP or TKIP+AES). I had the same problem. For $40, it's been solved for over a year.

Rahim Esmail

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I have had this router for under a year, I paid a grip for it, I hate to get another one. Thanks for the suggestion though, I hope someone else a suggestion a cheaper solution.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked this on your present router as RukBat suggested "Set the router up to use AES encruption (not TKIP or TKIP+AES)"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez