Is it okay to always 'Fast Charge' my Galaxy Note 5?

Maxis Yoon

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Is it okay to always 'Fast Charge' my Galaxy Note 5?
Does it bring any harm?
Since the device may become hot while fast charging. And I'm afraid that the battery inside will bulk/expand (because of the heat) like what happened to my last phone (Galaxy S2). :c

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If the Note 5 didn't have fast charge, I wouldn't like the phone. I always use fast charge and it's a total positive option for the phone. Plus, phone stays cool and never overheats. I replaced the original cable with two Anker six ft premium cables. Excellent. Plus I use one of Anker's fast chargers and the original Samsung charger. Both work well with Anker cables.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as the phone doesn't get hot, it's okay. But when fast charging, I'd check it every 5 minutes. (It can start to overheat very quickly for no apparent reason - there's a reason, but it's inside the battery.) So if the day is 95° be careful, but if you're trying to keep warm in the winter, the phone would probably appreciate some heat. There's nothing wrong with fast charging, it's fast overheating that's the problem. What might take a couple of hours to cause a problem with a 1000mA charge can take minutes with a fast charge.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My concern is leaving it overnight on the fast charger. If the phone charges in 45 minutes to an hour, and you sleep 7 or 8 hours then that seems like it could potentially be somewhat of a detriment. Through my normal use though, my battery is around 50% left after 13, 14 hours being off the charger so sometimes I'll even go to sleep and I'll plug it into the fast charger if I wake up a couple hours before I usually do to take a leak.

Sometimes I'll put it on the regular wireless pad if I'm charging right when I go to sleep to ensure I have the full charge for sure but that one will charge "quickly" compared to your regular length of sleep too, so I don't know. Main thing I don't like about the pad charger is that any time I pick it up to use it, I'm "unplugging it" and constantly taking it off and placing it back on could maybe be an issue too.

Of course, I don't know **** about anything technical so I could very well be totally off base.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't ever hurt the phone to leave it on the charger for several hours after it is charged to 100%. My Note 5 always gets warm during charging but that's normal.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Not all chargers are created equal. I personally use two different brand fast chargers that provide the Samsung Note 5 with Fast Charge using a Fast Charge wall plug-in unit. I also use two different brand wall Plug-in units which both work fine with both charging units. And remember you also must use a USB cable designed to carry the increased load the Fast Charge system requires.
Personally, my chargers shut off once the phone reaches 100% if the phone is powered off and whether powered on or off the phone doesn't get more than slightly warm to the touch on the surface of the phone on the charging unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress