Note 5 keystrokes not registering on 6.0.1

Asjadarif

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this issue with samsung default keyboard and 3rd party keyboards i tried wiping the cache and tried resetting my phone i even started my phone in safe mode just to be sure an app wasnt messing with it up but to no avail.....and it haapened 3 or 4 days after i updated to marshmallow.before that everything
was fine......any idea what could be causing this? 😔

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it only certain letters that don't respond? Does the screen have other problems with touch?

Asjadarif

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it only certain letters that don't respond? Does the screen have other problems with touch?

Hi b.diddy the touch is fine just seems a little sluggish and i guess thats the reason the keyboard lags when i am typing too fast and doesnt register keystrokes so i am eft with incomplete words with missing characters when i turn off auto correct....its not a specific area on the scree and its fine when i am like typing real slow or resting my finger at every letter....but when i speed up typing or scrolling it starts missing keystrokes and sometimes on facebook it registers a scroll as a tap....it was fine before marshmallow and even a few days after the update 😔

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My best guess, is that the MM update has caused this issue. No worries, as it can be fixed, but.....you'll need to do one of the two, below options...HOPEFULLY, the first option works.

1. Enter recovery and do a wipe of the Cache Partition. No Data Loss.

2. Do a FULL FACTORY RESET. All data loss, phone as new. Back up your device.

I personally recommend a FULL FACTORY RESET, after each software update, but that's just me.

Chris

Asjadarif

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi

My best guess, is that the MM update has caused this issue. No worries, as it can be fixed, but.....you'll need to do one of the two, below options...HOPEFULLY, the first option works.

1. Enter recovery and do a wipe of the Cache Partition. No Data Loss.

2. Do a FULL FACTORY RESET. All data loss, phone as new. Back up your device.

I personally recommend a FULL FACTORY RESET, after each software update, but that's just me.

Chris

Hi chris.....thanks for the help but i already tried both of those things but it didnt fix it sadly

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm

Then I would suggest going to sammoble.com, and see if you can find the software for your model there. If so, use Odin to flash a new copy to your device. Perhaps your FFR copy is corrupted. Just a hunch.

If you cannot find your software on sammobile....then I would suggest sending the device in to a samsung service center, as this should be a warrantied issue.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty