Who is ditching note 5 for note 7?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I got the 32g Note5 when it came out, had a long struggle whether to get the S7 due to the piety storage.
But after a Master Reset, for some reason, it gave me extra much needed 3-4gb of space, and I just forgot about the S7.

While Note 7 extra feature is nice, the extra premium minus trade in price is a bit hard to swallow.
I wished that they had added a better processor or more ram to make it a true next generation device.
Staying with Note 5 is the right "smart" decision. Yes, it's nice to have the latest device every year but we all know we could use our money somewhere more important ;)

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Curved edges may be the thing from here on out. Since there has been HUGE supply and demand for the Note 7 and it has been selling like hotcakes, the flat versions will no longer be considered. The Note 8 could be the wallet sized concept that they have patented. One day, the curved and flat edges will not matter as devices will be flexible and easily pocketed.

I think only Samsung and maybe a copy will do curved screens. The Note 5 didn't sell well enough and Samsung had to do something to up sales. This apparently worked.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the curved screen is the selling point. It's what they added back that was taken out of Note 5, in addition to what was added. The curved screen is just part of the package, albeit not the best part. Everything else about the Note 7 is the selling point. I think for a lot of folks coming from older note phones say 3 and under would, see the biggest benefit in upgrading as opposed to us with a Note 5. Just my 2¢.

zazusmc03

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, the note 7 has been pulled from shelves and a massive recall has been issued. Battery issues leading to overheating and catching fire has lead to it. Hopefully none of you made the switch!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I went to Note 5 after returning Note 7. Only missing features are iris scan (didn't work for me) and Always On Display. Maybe AOD will come to Note 5 later.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I went to Note 5 after returning Note 7. Only missing features are iris scan (didn't work for me) and Always On Display. Maybe AOD will come to Note 5 later.
I read AOD was not coming. There is someone in the Playstore it uses a lot of battery

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, the note 7 has been pulled from shelves and a massive recall has been issued. Battery issues leading to overheating and catching fire has lead to it. Hopefully none of you made the switch!
I did switch to the note 7. Now with the recall I may consider going back to the Note 5. I don't use rhe iris I use fingerprint, and both phones work well wifh Samsung Pay. The 5 is a fantastic multi tasking phone.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Are we going to see less Note 5 devices up for resale on Swappa and Ebay? I've been wanting to jump from a S6 Active to a Note 5 and I am starting to think that the Note 7 may be a turnoff for some. Those with a Note 5 might decide to stick out another year to see what next year brings.

Swappa averages around $380 for good condition Note 5s with 32GB of storage. Considering the retail is like $830, its a pretty good deal.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got a mint note 5 64gb from ebay for $350 shipped. Perfect phone and great service!

Very good buy!

The fact that the Samsung phones and Android in general DO NOT HOLD THEIR VALUE is quite a concern. My Note 5 64GB cost over $800.00 and the only reason I bought it was that I received $500.00 credit for dumping my Unlimited Data Plan.

I'm on my third Note 5 since late October with two warranty replacements. With the Note 7 battery fiasco, I'm beginning to really WONDER about Samsung quality.

I hope your phone holds up well! When the Sammy phones run well, they're really good devices. I'm going to keep up the extended warranty on my Note 5.

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Miss my note 7. Now I'm having battery issues with my 5 since I had to start using it again. I've also somehow ran out of space. 😐

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a used Note 5 on Swappa for around $380, but I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger. I currently own a s6 active which I like, but the screen is too small and I'd like to have 64GB on-board storage. However, seeing complaints about battery life are making me a bit hesitant.

I am usually at my desk for about 6 hours a day, so charging won't be a huge issue. However, if I decide to go out for the day, I don't want to worry a major drain if I decide to stream music and take pictures.

I'd most likely roll with the Note 5 for about a year and perhaps see what the Note 8 brings. What are your thoughts on this device being a daily driver for the remainder of 2016 and all of 2017? Is Nougat a definite for the Note 5? (Probably late spring early Summer '17)

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
32gb note 5 user here for just over a year now. Really enjoy the phone but i must admit I've been discouraged with my battery life on occasion. Honestly tho I don't think it's the phone, I chalk it up to sprints sub par signals. My bars are constantly bouncing up and down here at my house and now I've even had to shut off lte when using it at home because if i don't i lose all signal and you don't even realize it until you wake up the phone. Called sprint of course they claim tower which is 1 mile from my house is fine but if i leave this area i can switch my lte on and itworks just fine. Provided your network is giving you a good signal I think you would like the phone. When i stream podcast on google play for 2 hours at a time my battery actually holds up rather well. I don't take a great amount of pictures so i can't chime in on how the battery would hold up. I believe we will definitely get nougat sometime next year not that it matters because i don't see it adding alot to what the phone already does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty