note 5 still worth buying?

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade from my S4 and am eyeing the Note 5. Is it still worth buying if I can get a near new one for a little over $300 on Swappa which I'm seen them go for? Can I expect a massive upgrade from my S4? Is the Note 5 getting Android N? Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes the Note 5 should get Android N. T-Mobile announced the devices they have in testing for N and the Note 5 is one.

Yes the Note 5 is still a great phone.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
A Note 5 in excellent condition for $300 sounds well worth it.

For reasons that baffle me it takes Samsung ages to lower the price of the prior Note when a new model comes out.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
i wouldn't do it..these phones are garbage...sorry i like Samsung, but I have had two notes already and both times the back has cracked, so unless you got $200 to throw away to insurance each time the I say go for it. Quite honestly, I am starting to look at LG

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i wouldn't do it..these phones are garbage...sorry i like Samsung, but I have had two notes already and both times the back has cracked, so unless you got $200 to throw away to insurance each time the I say go for it. Quite honestly, I am starting to look at LG

You have something odd. You have two phones that came at 1% battery out of the box.

That isn't Samsung, your carrier should never sell those and return them to Samsung.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's actually a good purchase if you can find a good used one, I was looking at the Note 7 and couldn't justify the price, found a like new 5 month old 64gb Note 5 for $350 and couldn't pass it up, now just have to wait for the phone to arrive. Haven't owned a Note since the Note II.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Yes! Yes! I upgraded to the SN7, I always sell my old phone (to pay for the next LOL) but this time, I can't let go really...

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question is the note 5 still worth buying. I'm going to buy a note 5 with a 2 year contract. Will it still be good in 2019.

Yes, it's a great device. Expect to be happy with it right out of the box.

If you buy this phone (or really, any phone) buy it with the expectation that it will receive no further OS upgrades. Meaning, don't buy the phone expecting it to get the next OS and whatever OS follows that one. This remains a device that has been on the market since fall 2015. That's ancient in phone years. While Samsung has promised at least Nougat at some point, it will be up to your carrier to determine if and/or when they push it to your phone.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes it is. Tried OP3. It's a good device but camera experience is bad. Note 5 is better in all ways.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
You have something odd. You have two phones that came at 1% battery out of the box.

That isn't Samsung, your carrier should never sell those and return them to Samsung.

Those were early release Note 5's. Quite a few actually on a few different carriers. The consumer's job is to demand an inspection of the device before the transaction. If that's all the stock that your carrier has, wait for another shipment or go somewhere else. The note 5 still demands some respect today, in 2017. Very well built device.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
OP... the Note 5 is the best phone I've ever used. With that said, the first three from early on, were terrible phones all covered under warranty. Batteries that did not last, hardware issues, The fourth phone... much better, has been running straight forward since last June. I've got an extended warranty as these phones with the non replaceable battery, can 'go' at any time or degrade to the point of just not worth the hassle any more.

Just because the Note 5 is a 64GB version, and I have the same, that means little if the phone is an older manufactured model that had early problems. You might luck out and get a great phone. Honestly, I'm VERY hesitant to buy any Samsung or any phone where the battery cannot be replaced, off of Swappa, Ebay and anywhere else. The whole non replaceable battery thing is a crap shoot.

Good luck!

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for a good month now and really liking it coming from a BlackBerry Priv and I paid $469.00 was a customer return I think it has a TG screen protector and another one was in the box, found it on ebay a phone dealer in Houston.

Its a sweet phone

David Son1

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade from my S4 and am eyeing the Note 5. Is it still worth buying if I can get a near new one for a little over $300 on Swappa which I'm seen them go for? Can I expect a massive upgrade from my S4? Is the Note 5 getting Android N? Thanks.

I think for 300$ it is probably worth it. I've had mine since it came out and it still runs pretty well. The only problem is the battery life, it totally doesn't last as long as it used to. I have a long-term review of the galaxy note 5 I just uploaded yesterday. Gives pros and cons. Take a look, hope it helps answers some of your questions.

https://youtu.be/L7y8oZrw_C4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non