Verizon Update - Fingerprint Unlock Broken

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I got an update yesterday and phones fingerprint has been broken. I know every time i restart phone it has to be pin and then can be fingerprint after that. But since the update it has to be pin 9 out of 10 times...it doesn't even give option for fingerprint. I reset the security lock to fingerprint and still the same issue.

Its exactly the same issue on my wife's note 5.

Any idea how to fix this.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it may sound obvious, but is the button (and surrounding silver band) clean and scratch-free? I ask because, even after the update a couple days ago (on Verizon), mine is still working fine.

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I got an update yesterday and phones fingerprint has been broken. I know every time i restart phone it has to be pin and then can be fingerprint after that. But since the update it has to be pin 9 out of 10 times...it doesn't even give option for fingerprint. I reset the security lock to fingerprint and still the same issue.

Mine did the same thing. I uninstalled the lock screen app that I have been using for years and now the fingerprint works again. I guess the new features that they said this update was bringing was to take away more things you like using!!

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Same problem since the update, everything works for web sign in, but the fingerprint unlock is completely broken. No lockscreen installed, I've tried to reset it, it just doesn't work anymore

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I know it may sound obvious, but is the button (and surrounding silver band) clean and scratch-free? I ask because, even after the update a couple days ago (on Verizon), mine is still working fine.

No cracks or anything wrong at all. Fingerprint works for everything else besides lock screen....samsung pay, web sign in work fine.

Also think it is something with software and not physical problem with phone as it started with problems for both me and my wife the minute i updated.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I uninstalled the lock screen app that I have been using for years and now the fingerprint works again. I guess the new features that they said this update was bringing was to take away more things you like using!!

No other lockscreen app, just basic samsung lock screen.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Do you use Greenify? I do and was having the problem. Uninstalled Greenify and it works like it should now.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Are either of you using the double tap to lock feature on an app line Nova? A tip on XDA told me to shut that feature off and try again. It fixed it for me

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Are either of you using the double tap to lock feature on an app line Nova? A tip on XDA told me to shut that feature off and try again. It fixed it for me

I was using that in Nova for Greenify. Double tap to hibernate and lock screen. That issue must be with the lock screen part of the shortcut and not Greenify as I thought it was.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I had Nova double tap on....it seems to have fixed fingerprint unlock after shutting down thar feature. Hopefully Nova can get an update out with a fix for that soon.

Thanks for letting me know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo