Question Huawei honor 10 lite fingerprint lock not working

Saad

Jun 2, 2023
Visit site
I'm unable to apply fingerprint lockscreen or any other pin pattern or password on my honor 10 lite, fingerprint is not faulty as I checked in the sensor test list it passed the fingerprint test, this problem started when I hard reset the device, before that fingerprint was working, when I try to apply a pattern or pin after the 2 steps, it returns back to the same screen its a loop

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
After hard reset, unable to apply fingerprint lockscreen or any pin/pattern/password on Honor 10 Lite. Fingerprint sensor passed test. When setting pattern/pin, it loops back to the same screen. Try: 1) Clear cache partition in recovery mode. 2) Reset lockscreen settings. 3) Update software. 4) Perform factory reset (backup data first). If issue persists, contact Honor support or visit service center.

Saad

Jun 2, 2023
Visit site
After hard reset, unable to apply fingerprint lockscreen or any pin/pattern/password on Honor 10 Lite. Fingerprint sensor passed test. When setting pattern/pin, it loops back to the same screen. Try: 1) Clear cache partition in recovery mode. 2) Reset lockscreen settings. 3) Update software. 4) Perform factory reset (backup data first). If issue persists, contact Honor support or visit service center.
I already tried everything, cleared cache partition multiple times, reset the device multiple times after this problem, latest software is updated on the device, but nothing works this problem is very annoying, the app lock is working though that too only 6 digit pin

Saad

Jun 2, 2023
Visit site
But you were otherwise able to set the phone back up with your account? And you're unable to set any lockscreen security at all?
Yes I logged in from my same account which was previously being used by me on the device but yeah Im still unable to put any lockscreen password or configure fingerprint

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the system is up to date, but also check your Security menu to see if there are any Google Play system updates available. (This is assuming your phone is certified for Google Play in the first place.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be worth doing another factory reset to see if that fixes it. If it was just a problem with setting up fingerprint unlock, then it might be an issue with just the fingerprint sensor hardware -- but if you can't even set a PIN/password/pattern for the lockscreen, then something else is going on.

Does it matter if you boot into Safe Mode? https://consumer.huawei.com/en/supp...d hold the volume,the power button to confirm.

Saad

Jun 2, 2023
Visit site
It might be worth doing another factory reset to see if that fixes it. If it was just a problem with setting up fingerprint unlock, then it might be an issue with just the fingerprint sensor hardware -- but if you can't even set a PIN/password/pattern for the lockscreen, then something else is going on.

Does it matter if you boot into Safe Mode? https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00737976/#:~:text=Press and hold the volume,the power button to confirm.
Ah man I've already done the reset multiple times I'm so fed up already... That's the problem that I can't even set a pin or pattern let alone the fingerprint sensor I think instead of trying to fix fingerprint, we need to fix why I can't set a pin or password or pattern, if we can fix that, I think the fingerprint sensor will also start working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez