I really haven't been happy

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
With Note 5 for awhile. I am going to try a different device. I can't wait until April. If I change my mind I have 14 days. 32gig and cloud not for me. I was promised 64gig. It was cancelled. I use my phone for work too.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my Note 5 64 gig for 5 days now and loving it coming from a BlackBerry Priv which is a great phone.
Wish it had a few extra items like removable battery, expandable memory but its not a phone killer

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
With Note 5 for awhile. I am going to try a different device. I can't wait until April. If I change my mind I have 14 days. 32gig and cloud not for me. I was promised 64gig. It was cancelled. I use my phone for work too.

Get the Pixel XL. If I could upgrade, I'd go to that in an instant since the Note7 went up in smoke....Literally.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have only liked Samsung. I looked at the pixel XL and didn't like. I have been toying with trying apple. Ordered the 7 Plus. I can always go back if I don't like it

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 edge that replaced my beloved note 7. Don't like the screen size, so got a Nexus 6P in the meantime, waiting for the S8/Note 8. 6P is a pretty darned decent phone, only really lacking Samsung Pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have only liked Samsung. I looked at the pixel XL and didn't like. I have been toying with trying apple. Ordered the 7 Plus. I can always go back if I don't like it
I came close to trying an iPhone as a 2ndary/backup/waiting phone until Samsung's new ones come out

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually have been curious about Apple for awhile now. And since the issue with Note 7 and on 32gig Note 5 decided to give it a try. I like Android and Samsung but not liking lack of battery life . Nothing wrong with my phone. No damage. Am at 22% it's only 2:00. Am not asking for a miracle but better battery life would be nice. Also need more memory. I don't like the phone options right now and my 2nd choice is Apple. I respect both platforms. So am giving it a try.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually have been curious about Apple for awhile now. And since the issue with Note 7 and on 32gig Note 5 decided to give it a try. I like Android and Samsung but not liking lack of battery life . Nothing wrong with my phone. No damage. Am at 22% it's only 2:00. Am not asking for a miracle but better battery life would be nice. Also need more memory. I don't like the phone options right now and my 2nd choice is Apple. I respect both platforms. So am giving it a try.

I've been reading your posts. Understand you want improved battery life. I do too! My Note 5 has been a great phone but I use it very hard, have fast wifi and reasonable 4G LTE, don't run the battery draining social media apps, keep screen brightness at 40% and do regular cache partition cleanings. Even with all this, have to fast charge my phone 3X usually a day at the 50% level. Thank heaven for fast charge!

Sure, iOS might give better battery life... but it's as you know, a different platform . I like others have had to 'accomodate'... a little. Like while in a meeting, take out the Quick Charge Anker external battery and quick charge the phone. Or while driving, Quick Charge the phone. All this is not 'optimal'... but... the phone gets charged.

Again... I hate to see the battery meter draining while running hard Internet browsing or programs. It's a balancing act... I tell this to myself all the time.

Good luck on your decision. For the record, The 64GB Note 5... is the best phone I've ever used. When I get a newer one, I will keep this as a backup... it's that good!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your input. I appreciate. I don't have the 64 gig. Long story. I am doing all I can but of all my Notes this one has had the worse on battery. I cannot have the phone set up like I want due to 32gig. I was promised 64 gig then was cancelled due to Samsung not going forward. On order with full months
It is an opportune time for me to try so am doing so . I still have my tablet..That I am happy with

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Why is it always only Samsung or Apple? I will never understand this thought process. There are other Android phones out there too. Lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Why is it always only Samsung or Apple? I will never understand this thought process. There are other Android phones out there too. Lol
Probably for some people, they always go back to one or the other of those two brands. I've had several phones including apple, and for me Samsung is the one I return to

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ive had my Note 5 64 gig for 5 days now and loving it coming from a BlackBerry Priv which is a great phone.
Wish it had a few extra items like removable battery, expandable memory but its not a phone killer
Do you use Samsung pay? It works well on the note 5. Only place I had an issue was at a pet clinic where they had this cheesy little card reader

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I only like Samsung for Android. I have had others. I didn't want another manufacturer. I have alot of friends and coworkers who have Apple. I had been contemplating the 7plus and since I am not happy with how things ended with the Note 5 and my circumstances, I was deciding on what to do. And when I heard the Samsung smartwatch was going to work with the newest iphones, decided to give it a try. I have had the iphone for 24 hours and honestly, I like it. I do miss not being able to customize but will be ok. It is like when I gave up the 5 speed, I missed shifting for awhile and got used to being in an automatic. I like being able to have a good phone with battry life. There are things on the iphone I am really liking. I think both platforms have their place. I know a few people who have decided to give it a try as well. It is why we live in the US . We can choose what we are interested in using. I don't let other people sway me. I don't try to sway people. I will give suggestions and let them decide for themselves. I had read somewhere that a guy posted saying those on Apple have no intelligence. Those kind of people I have no time for.