Note 5 viewing pictures has changed from my Note 4

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
On my Note 4 when I took landscape pictures I could view them by swipping right or left. I've noticed on the N5 I have to swipe up or down. I've looked all over the phone but can't find a way to change it to left or right swipe in landscape view. Can it be done?

Also, one of the reasons I updated to the N5 was to be able to inductive charge it and so I could use the Gear VR goggles. I have to admit, after reading all the horror stories with the Gear VR software I'm very gun shy on purchasing them. Am I over analyzing this or would it be better to stay away from the Gear VR goggles? My N5 is a used phone that was factory reset but seems to be functioning fine.

Thanks, in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the pictures (I can swipe left and right on my S7 Edge and don't think I remember it being otherwise on any other phone, including the Note 5). Is your screen rotation set to Auto or fixed?

As for the VR, I haven't had any issues and it works great. It's awesome to be able to watch movies there (Hulu and Netflix are my almost-daily uses) without having to disturb anyone in the room. And of course some of the games are awesome (something like Dreadhalls will really make you jump!).

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
The landscape pics I took with the N5 all scroll up or down when viewing with the phone in landscape position. When holding the phone in portrait position, portrait pics scroll left/right OK but the the landscape pics show up and down and don't auto rotate. The pics I transferred over from my N4 will not flip to landscape they are stuck in portrait and all narrow in portrait mode. The have to be manually select rotate 90 degrees to fill the screen in landscape mode. The rotation is set to "Auto". Very frustrating especially wth my transferred pics. By the way the N4 pics do go left/right When I started taking new pics with the N5, it started a new folder and any landscape pics still scroll up/down when I turn phone to landscape. Confusing, I know.

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I finally realized what's happening. Auto rotate isn't working on my Note 5. It is set to auto rotate. Emails, internet pages aren't rotating to landscape. Any thoughts. I'm going to post this as a new topic.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do any other rotation apps work? Like games that use motion sensors? Do you have any apps that might be locking your rotation and bypassing the system settings?