AT&T Note 5 Nougat Update Today

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just got my update this morning. Actually it was last night that I checked for system updates, then I saw there was a big one available, but I was at work and on mobile data so I had to wait until I got home. Once I was home and connected to the wi-fi the update started automatically. Went to sleep and woke up to Nougat :)

Love the new interface, icons and font choices. Also I noticed my S pen is a little snappier and highlights things when it's close to the screen. Didn't see this very much before so I figure it's the update.

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
The cache you're talking about is all the cache from apps, and is a good idea if it's cleared after an update as well. The cache you access by turning off your phone and following the other steps, is a Dalvik cache, more or less a system cache, which is the more important one to clear, imo

Thanks, Jeremy!!

anon(10216736)

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello all!

Downloaded via a Push Notification yesterday and all seems to be working great EXCEPT Fast Charging.....

Plug in the charger and it does a loop of;

"BEEP," chargers hooked up and blue light for notification lights up
It IMMEDIATELY switches "fast charging" to "charging" then undocks as if the cord is unplugged. This all happens in quick succession.
Rinse, repeat

It's NOT the cord. I've used several, it's definitely software. Everytime it WILL eventually connect and "fast charge" (it's working properly as I type)

The amount of loops of that glitch charging cycle are also random. I've had it go through 3 times then connect all the way to 23 times. Once it's connected "fast charge" also any change in the screen being either ON or OFF will start the glitch all over. If I turn the screen off right now it'll start searching for fast charge again. Even turning the phone completely OFF will start it up. Charges fine if the Power is all the way off. Turn the phone On and the glitch starts up till it eventually finds "Fast Charge" again. Just frustrating

I've done the "Wipe Cache Partition" to no avail. Wiped Cache in storage, nadda for a fix. I suppose I'll have to deal with it until a patch is put out?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest a factory reset. When I updated my S6 it wouldn't charge when the device was turned off, nor would it recognize wireless charging. So, I factory reset and the problem has been fixed.

Last edited:

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Well. After a few days of use here what's not working on mine. I no longer get text message notifications from the phone on my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. I do how ever get them a little bit later from the NumberSync. When I check notification options in the Samsung Gear app, Messages is no longer showing up. I can't wait until my s8 gets here. LOL.

Lumpy53

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Beware of the battery saver mode! It works fine in Mid but I switched it to Max and when I went back to normal my home screen icons and widgets were gone except for 8 apps randomly across 4 home screens! I had to rebuild all my screens again. Tried the home screen and App restore and it didn't work. Wait till that bug is fixed. Also took me a couple of days to fix the lock screen zooming in problem.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Beware of the battery saver mode! It works fine in Mid but I switched it to Max and when I went back to normal my home screen icons and widgets were gone except for 8 apps randomly across 4 home screens! I had to rebuild all my screens again. Tried the home screen and App restore and it didn't work. Wait till that bug is fixed. Also took me a couple of days to fix the lock screen zooming in problem.
How do you do battery saver mode?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
After having the N for a couple days I've discovered something quite cool - my battery life has improved. Where before if it was at 75% before I went to work (at 1:30 pm) I'd have to charge it by the time I got home (at 10 pm). With the new N if it's at 75% by the time I get home it's at 60%. Quite an improvement.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
After having the N for a couple days I've discovered something quite cool - my battery life has improved. Where before if it was at 75% before I went to work (at 1:30 pm) I'd have to charge it by the time I got home (at 10 pm). With the new N if it's at 75% by the time I get home it's at 60%. Quite an improvement.
I wish i had this...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My question is does this actually make a difference?

I am running "Mid" on my S7 Active since I got the Nougat update back in early March and from "OFF" to "MID" Mode, I saw a significant difference in battery life and haven't noticed ANY performance hit (other than quick sleep mode settings, etc.) It really works!

I haven't done my Note 5 yet 'cuz it's in it's box with no SIM!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 5 Nougat Update Today

I am running "Mid" on my S7 Active since I got the Nougat update back in early March and from "OFF" to "MID" Mode, I saw a significant difference in battery life and haven't noticed ANY performance hit (other than quick sleep mode settings, etc.) It really works!

I haven't done my Note 5 yet 'cuz it's in it's box with no SIM!
The funny thing is, I had it on mid for few days and no difference, not even battery. Maybe I need to test it out more.

BayK

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Android 7 suppose to do file-level encryption on your device. Can you control it? Can you specify what to encrypt?