Stock power adapter; how long does yours take to charge?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious what other Note 5 owners get when using the stock charger that came with their phone.

When I first got my phone (about eight months ago) whenever I plugged the charger in it didn't seem to take very long to fully charge. I usually charge mine when it's down near 20%, and for some reason now it takes roughly 2 hours 30 minutes until fully charged.

I'm also wondering if using a different charger may have done something to the charging process? I sometimes use one of those power bricks when I'm at work or not near an outlet.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I use both the Samsung charger and Anker quick charger and both from 40% remaining, get to full charge in about seventy minutes.

Most times I just top off to 80% because the fast charging of the Note 5 is so good.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Something isn't right, because my phone used to charge a lot faster using the stock charger. I wonder if something happened to it, or maybe it's Nougat related.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any actual numbers, just my observations since I installed Nougat (T-Mobile). While it says it is quick-charging, it seems slower than the estimated times given and much slower than it used to fast charge under Marshmallow. I think the changes that came with Nougat slowed down the charging.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I usually charge mine when it gets between 5-10% and it takes about 70-80 minutes or so. I haven't upgraded to Nougat and probably won't.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just tried something. I'm at 28% battery, so I plugged the power brick into the phone and it said 2 hours to fully charged. Then I plugged the stock Samsung charger into the phone and it said 4 hours and 30 minutes until fully charged.

Definitely something going on here. Maybe the stock charger is getting bad? Think I'll head into the AT&T store and see what they say.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I took it to the AT&T store and she tested both the power brick and the adapter and they both read the same amount of charge time. We figured out the culprit must be this.....

outletmess.jpg

In the basement room I have there's only two outlets, and so one has a big power strip for all my computer/TV crap and then there's the one pictured here. She suggested I plug the adapter into an outlet by itself and see if that fixes the charging issue.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that with the OEM charger, when I plug my phone into it, I have to unplug it then plug it back in again for it to say quick charge. Since nougat update!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87