Anyone see the Otterbox Defender in stores yet?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Defenders in any of the stores yet? On the website it still says coming soon but I'm just wondering maybe they have not updated their website yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Went to an AT&T corporate store today and a best buy. Neither had cases for the Note 7 yet.

The local Best Buy here has some cases in stock. Not sure if they're on display yet but they do have the commuter etc. but no defender yet. I might call the tmobile store just to see if they have the Defender but I'm pretty sure it's not out yet.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Even amazon says 1-2 months for Note 7 Defender.

Although I ordered a otterbox commuter case for my wife's note 7 and it came last week.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Local Verizon store on Maui had either the Defender or Commuter, can't remember which. Either way, too big for my tastes. Want to see how bad the Symmetry is.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Local Verizon store on Maui had either the Defender or Commuter, can't remember which. Either way, too big for my tastes. Want to see how bad the Symmetry is.

Was the commuter. Otterbox just replied to me and said they're not sure when it's out yet but said they would let us know soon when it will be out. The commuter isn't very protective I think, might as well stick with Supcase then but I just don't feel this would protect the screen during a fall well. Looking for something else that is thick. the tech 21 Defender style one should be out soon.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Commuter is a good case. I've always purchased the Commuter, Symmetry and Defender for past phones.
Look at listentojulian on YouTube, he reviews the Commuter for the Note 7.

No, I have not seen the Defender anywhere yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Commuter is a good case. I've always purchased the Commuter, Symmetry and Defender for past phones.
Look at listentojulian on YouTube, he reviews the Commuter for the Note 7.

No, I have not seen the Defender anywhere yet.

The commuter is too flimsy and I've had defective ones before. The Symmetry cases don't look that bad but it's basically the same thing as a Supcase. The Spigen Tough Armor I've had for the S6 and it cuts into your hands. I might look into UAG But this new tech 21 their new Defender style case I might give consideration. It's almost 50 bucks though so i might just hold off for the Defender. I might order the Iblason Armorbox though as it looks a bit thicker and it's really cheap as well. Probably going to be a couple months before we see the heavy duty cases start popping up.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on Amazon. But since it's not in stores yet, the earliest I will get it is in a month. In the mean time I will use a regular screen protector and be really careful.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine on Amazon. But since it's not in stores yet, the earliest I will get it is in a month. In the mean time I will use a regular screen protector and be really careful.

I bought a tech 21 Evo Tactical XT today which is like their version of the defender. and it's a great heavy duty case. No screen protector though but otherwise this case is nearly perfecto!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought a tech 21 Evo Tactical XT today which is like their version of the defender. and it's a great heavy duty case. No screen protector though but otherwise this case is nearly perfecto!
That's why I bought it. The glass screen protectors I bought had to be refunded because they all cracked when I put them on cause the adhesive for the edges wouldn't stick. I'm too paranoid to not have a screen protector. The OtterBox is usually like 60 bucks but Amazon has it on sale for 35. Still kind of expensive but an investment I'm willing to make for an 850 dollar phone. I will check out that case though in the mean time. The OtterBox doesn't come to me for another month

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That's why I bought it. The glass screen protectors I bought had to be refunded because they all cracked when I put them on cause the adhesive for the edges wouldn't stick. I'm too paranoid to not have a screen protector. The OtterBox is usually like 60 bucks but Amazon has it on sale for 35. Still kind of expensive but an investment I'm willing to make for an 850 dollar phone. I will check out that case though in the mean time. The OtterBox doesn't come to me for another month

IMO the Defender will be out before then. Probably within a couple weeks. I doubt it will be a month before you get it unless Amazon gets it later than everyone else. I might just stick with this case too. I really like the texture of it too and it isn't as clunky as Defenders. Otterbox replied to me yesterday asking about the Defender and they said they will announce more info very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanidnb