So what did you buy for protection of your Note 7?

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
How are you liking that case from VRS, I was looking at that particular one myself, could you post some pics of the phone in the case?

Hey, so sorry for my late reply, I'm only just seeing this now!

Here's a picture from when I got it:

LNuXBC6.jpg

The cover is quite thick which makes me feel more secure about the protection for the screen (also thanks to the lining).

xYAFfvi.jpg

And here is the back, I really like the design :)

Hope that helps!

jaredberrett

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Galaxy Note 7 Case, Caseology [Skyfall Series] Transparent Clear Enhanced Grip [Silver] [Slim Cushion] for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (2016) from Amazon. It's been great and I've always had good luck with this company.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Tumi case and the Samsung S view case because I like to change it. Verizon tempered glass screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App

How is the screen protector holding up.
Does it have adhesive on all 4 sides? Is it staying in place?

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
True, sorry. The front film covers the whole screen including the curves and the back film cover the whole rear as well. I didn't see this reply until I was back at work this morning so I still don't have another camera. I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight.

Have you used your S-pen with it? Does it tend to stick a bit, or does the pen ride smoothly over the protector?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I felt that the S-pen rode smoothly over the film, but you could tell it was there compared to no protector. Since the recall was announced, I removed the film from the front and back to test the durability of the GG5. The screen has survived with no scratches. The back however has some hairline scratches and scuffs.

mikechaudron

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I originally purchased a Zito Static cover from Amazon. It's a very good case. However it doesn't work with wireless charging so I just ordered an UAG case, as it offers great protection and works with the wireless charging. I will use both depending on my current situation.

Booboo48

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Otter Box Commuter (had on on my s5 and was a big fan) and Verizon tempered glass screen protector, had the Zagg with the unsafe N7(glass wasn't available yet) but when I did the swap it was an option. The Zagg lifted on the corners, especially when I put the case on. The glass fits perfectly and doesn't interfere with the case.

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the YooTech anti lifting updated design screen protector on amazon. Installed it last night and its stuck on perfectly with no lifting on the sides. I'm using the spigen neo hybrid case with it too.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Since the recall, I got a little gutsy and ran naked. I had no unfortunate events or near drops so I decided to keep my replacement naked also. I've gotten used to the clean shape. With that being said, I do have a carbon fiber skin for the back. If I can find a good glass protector, I'd use it.

Final answer, I'm naked now, but would use a screen protector and I have a skin. No case and don't plan to.

P. S. I have a clear Verus with kickstand and I like it.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the YooTech anti lifting updated design screen protector on amazon. Installed it last night and its stuck on perfectly with no lifting on the sides. I'm using the spigen neo hybrid case with it too.

I have this same combo waiting to be installed. Can you please post pictures?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Since the recall, I got a little gutsy and ran naked. I had no unfortunate events or near drops so I decided to keep my replacement naked also. I've gotten used to the clean shape. With that being said, I do have a carbon fiber skin for the back. If I can find a good glass protector, I'd use it.

Final answer, I'm naked now, but would use a screen protector and I have a skin. No case and don't plan to.

P. S. I have a clear Verus with kickstand and I like it.

I ran the original device naked as well (eventhough I bought several cases) since it would be getting replaced. I didn't drop it the whole time. The second day with my replacement I dropped it onto a paved driveway. I was horrified since it landed face down. Fortunately I had put it in one of the cases I had which happened to be the Samsung OEM leather case because it actually survived with not even a scratch.

I also have a tan Pierre Cardin leather case, the Tumi leather flip case, and the UAG Ash case.

Posted from my unlocked S7 Active/ stealth black Note 7/ peerless Note 4/ or iPad Pro 12.9

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

I have the same one and it stuck initially but a few days in its lifting...the Samsung official screen protector will be here Monday and this is coming off

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a vertical slide out like original Shellsters. All the Note 7's are horizontal slide out instead of vertical. I have tried to wear my phone horizontal and just can't drives me insane.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the Samsung S view flip cover on first one. While I liked it, except the case opened the one time I forgot it was in my lap, in my car, landed face down with case wide open in parking lot.
I'm wondering about the LED flip case or the clear front and back flip case from samsung, if either have magnet to keep closed?

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same one and it stuck initially but a few days in its lifting...the Samsung official screen protector will be here Monday and this is coming off

It's been about a week since i've put mine on and its still stuck on pretty well. I'm still waiting for a good temp glass solution then i'll probably swap it out too. Lemme know how the Samsung official one fits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87