Is Amazon exchanging Note 7 Accessories for free?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Is Amazon exchanging Note 7 Accessories for free even after the return window has passed? Someone said they were able to exchange for accessories of their new phone. Has anyone else been successful?

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I emailed them yesterday here's what they said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm happy to provide the appropriate information about your concern.

Upon checking on our records, I've verified that we're not allowing returns for Note 7 accessories beyond the standard 30 day return window. The return window for your order numbers:... already expired last September 23, 2016. I'm sorry about this.

However, because of the circumstances, I've made a One-Time Exception.

Chevanlol360

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, contact customer service explain the recall situation and that the accessories you bought are now useless. They'll ask for the order number and will provide you a return shipping label within minutes.

I bought tons of cases and accessories including a wireless charging stand and they started the refund process for me for the total $60 something dollars that I spent on accessories. Only thing is your return might be a tiny bit more difficult if you bought from a 3rd party on Amazon instead of Amazon itself or one of their fulfillment partners.

EDIT: to be clear some of my orders were well over the 30 return policy, some of them were in August.

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's the email from third party, IQ Sheild. My return label directly from Amazon is at my office where I printed it.

Attachments

• 4879.jpg
    4879.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 102

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Amazon took everything back but my Spigen Case. I will place a call to Spigen tomorrow or first thing Monday morning.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I just got a reply (I emailed last night) about two cases, one well outside of the return period. It said just keep them and they're giving me a credit for what I paid. Very nice and easy.

bricenm

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Amazon about my two orders this morning. One order was for a Spigen case and another was for an FYY wallet case. Both orders were sold by their respective companies and Fulfilled by Amazon. The Spigen case was beyond the 30-day return window and the FYY case still had about 14 days. I referenced the recall and discontinuance of the Note7 in the email and within 2 hours I got a reply saying they would refund my money for both cases and that I do not need to return the cases and I should keep them, discard them or donate them. I just got the verification emails of the refund about a half hour ago. Thank you Amazon!
Sketch.png

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank all. I used the live chat and they allowed me to return 7 items that were already past the 30day return window. That's $137 bucks I thought I would never get back. Glad I read this forum.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I bought from a 3rd party seller at amazon and rejected my return request. I remembered amazon has an a-z guarantee. I filed a claim and instantly they gave me an amazon credit because I picked that option instead of waiting for the seller to reply (and probably reject my request again) I love amazon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non