Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cases spotted online, point towards a curved display!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Olixar has listed multiple Galaxy Note 7 cases online, revealing the physical design of the device.

These case listings reveal the Galaxy Note 7 in white with a curved display and an S Pen slot. The design of the device being similar to Galaxy S7 edge. Seems like Samsung has made up its mind to release only the curved screen variant of the Galaxy Note 7. The Premium Olixar’s NovaShield cases comes in Blue Leather, Carbon Fibre Gold, Fibre Black, and Red Leather trims.

60088.jpg
60080.jpg
60089.jpg
60086.jpg

Source

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt the Note will look a lot like the S7, but those pictures do look like the latter. Once again these postings might be placeholders for when the actual phone is announced. You mention the S-Pen slot, but I don't see it anywhere in those pictures.

And yup, it seems Samsung will only make the Note with a curved display this time. Here's AC's take on that a few days ago :)
New report states the Galaxy Note 7 will only come with a curved display | Android Central

BTW, that blue one looks really nice!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I usually go naked oppsss that didn't sound right ....... however the Black case over a Titanium Silver Note 7 would be my weapon of choice !!!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I always had a case for all my phones. Waiting on a Spigen Neo Hybrid or Verus High Pro Shield Cases. Thin cases with great protection.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I usually go naked oppsss that didn't sound right ....... however the Black case over a Titanium Silver Note 7 would be my weapon of choice !!!

If these are as thin as the S7 Edge, you'll likely need a case, and for the wrong reasons: Edge 'fingers'. I love carrying around the S7 Edge without a case, but as it is the case (no pun intended) with most people, without one, you just keep touching the edges while holding the phone. It's too slim!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Why a Note 4? Go for the 5! No SD card or IR blaster or removable battery, though, but it outperforms the 4 by leaps and bounds.

Maybe, I just watched Michael Fisher's review of the Note 4 vs Note 5, although I'm a big fan of SD cards and my job makes me appreciate the swappable battery. I'll hold out for the reality of the August roll-out before I get my shorts in a bunch.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, I just watched Michael Fisher's review of the Note 4 vs Note 5, although I'm a big fan of SD cards and my job makes me appreciate the swappable battery. I'll hold out for the reality of the August roll-out before I get my shorts in a bunch.

A friend of mine used this with his Note 5. Maybe you can use it also since you like MicroSD Card..

31zKLoFadpL_2e16ccda-9575-4e2c-a07a-07199980bdad_large.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-128GB-Drive-SDDD2-128G-G46/dp/B019FN63OO/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1467253068&sr=8-15&keywords=Sandisk+Flash+Drive+Micro+USB

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Ugh, well if it's a tiny curve maybe I'll give it a chance down the road but if it's like the edge, then there's no way it's getting my money.

Posted via the Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt the Note will look a lot like the S7, but those pictures do look like the latter. Once again these postings might be placeholders for when the actual phone is announced. You mention the S-Pen slot, but I don't see it anywhere in those pictures.

And yup, it seems Samsung will only make the Note with a curved display this time. Here's AC's take on that a few days ago :)
New report states the Galaxy Note 7 will only come with a curved display | Android Central

BTW, that blue one looks really nice!
But look at that iris scanner!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely photoshopped in. Good catch, though! If they showed the actual S-Pen slot, THEN I would think about it maaaaybe being real (that can also be photoshopped).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks a bit like a photo-shopped Note 5 with curved sides.

The ones posted by Evan Blass seem closer to what we've been hearing, but neither are official until Aug 2nd.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That's why Note 4 users love the Note 4 over 5 any day. Me included.
My husband usually gets my previous phone. He now has my Note 4. I'd do anything to go back and never have bought the Note 5. Cannot wait for August. I can deal with the non-removable battery (have a few of Samsung's portable battery packs), but never thought I'd miss the SD card as much as I do. Ugh.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My husband usually gets my previous phone. He now has my Note 4. I'd do anything to go back and never have bought the Note 5. Cannot wait for August. I can deal with the non-removable battery (have a few of Samsung's portable battery packs), but never thought I'd miss the SD card as much as I do. Ugh.

I have a 64 gigs note 5 and have all the memory of need . I've had every note since 1 and the note is so much faster and no lag and fills much better in the hand

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to disagree with you on the note 4 being the same as the 5 . The 5 newer processor is way more efficient than the 4 and the ram management is miles better both my n4 and n4 edge would get really buggy after a few days of use . Where as my 5 has been a beast since day one the only thing that they have on common are the battery . Don't get me wrong the n4 was a well built phone . But my opinion the glass and metal 5 fills so smooth

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress