even Forbes has its doubts

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I know many are very unimpressed with the note 7. But it seems like we aren't alone in our disappointment with samsung.

Forbes Welcome

Posted via the Android Central App
yeah they've got a point. The Note used to be the top of the line now it's just a bigger S line phone which is sad.

I don't care about the style I want a functional phone that allows me to change the battery in a few seconds. Samsung learned from their no sd card mistake why haven't they learned from their non removable battery mistake?

Sure the Note is a great phone but it's not enough to make me jump from my beloved and still crazy fast note 4. Hopefully the Note 8 will bring back the removable battery if so I'll upgrade. Heck even with the somewhat unimpressive specs I would have updated if Samsung offered a removable battery instead of the fingerprint magnet known as glass on the back.

I do believe it will sell very well but it's sad that Samsung is sacrificing function for form

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah they've got a point. The Note used to be the top of the line now it's just a bigger S line phone which is sad.

I don't care about the style I want a functional phone that allows me to change the battery in a few seconds. Samsung learned from their no sd card mistake why haven't they learned from their non removable battery mistake?

Sure the Note is a great phone but it's not enough to make me jump from my beloved and still crazy fast note 4. Hopefully the Note 8 will bring back the removable battery if so I'll upgrade. Heck even with the somewhat unimpressive specs I would have updated if Samsung offered a removable battery instead of the fingerprint magnet known as glass on the back.

I do believe it will sell very well but it's sad that Samsung is sacrificing function for form
Well removeable back and plastic back is why the note didn't sell well. Premium build is why it sells great

Removeable is gone for good

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
CFor those of you who like the removable battery I am sorry but looks like the note 4 may be your last best bet as far as Samsung is concerned. Might be a good time to buy one or two for later.

I did that for my wife, she's sporting a new Note 4 for a VERY reasonable price.

Edge features on anything will keep me away.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the reason Samsung hasn't "learned" from the removable battery issue is because they actually learned that the vast majority of consumers who prefer excellent design and build quality far outnumber those who wanna trade build quality for removable battery. Just sayin'.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For those who hate the Note 7, please, go buy a Moto or HTC and then come back and tell us how you feel because I am sure those phones are much better suited for your needs.

No problem that you don't like the N7. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but some of you are acting like your mom didn't make you the right cake for your birthday. It's not personal, it is business. If this phone had everything you wanted, it would have cost more than $1,000 and then you would be complaining about that as well.

Oh, and good luck with that Jelly Bean and crawling browser while the rest of us are R O C K I N G our awesome new phones!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Forbes = Apple propaganda! I have no clue, actually. His rationale though IMO is sound and it is obvious by specs the Note is no longer the spec leader for their devices. They are taking the parity approach it seems.

That, or the 821 is not available to cover Samsung's demand. The 823 is still in development with low production testing, so that was not happening.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It's somewhat crazy the note line use to represent innovation and new design language, and pretty much everything Samsung had it was the premier phone. Now as of the GS6, they have gone with a different philosophy the note is now the follower pretty much for two Gens now being an S line with an S-Pen sure it has software differences but at the core the note is an Edge refined vs. the new design coming to notes and the S line follow. This is what Samsung did with the Note, Note 2, Note 3, and Note 4, then out of the blue said naaa we want the notes to follow the GS line. Either way, you are either for it or not but everyone will live on and so will the device.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Uh, I do. I went from a Note 4 to an S7 edge. Fast charging and Fast Wireless charging are nowhere near as convenient as being able to swap a battery out. Being tethered to a charger now really sucks. And the Fast Wireless charger is extremely slow when you have your screen turned on.

Get a Mophie power pack. You won't be tethered ever again.

E Z P Z.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Forbes = Apple propaganda! I have no clue. His rationale though IMO is sound and it is obvious by specs the Note is no longer the spec leader for their devices. They are taking the parity approach it seems.

That, or the 821 is not available to cover Samsung's demand. The 823 is still in development with low production testing, so that was not happening.

Contrary to public belief within this thread and forum Forbes has posted many articles this year and last year with the same negative review and discussion concerning the iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple music. I am not sure where folks are getting pro-Apple because that is a lie also the WSJ same way. These guys all go back and forth lets not just quote parts of articles that sway the convo to a fanboy type rally. The thing is Android, IOS both are good both produce good and bads and the handsets are the same there is no perfect everyone is different and folks are going to either like something or not and you the same.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason that people get attacked for expressing their opinion, just because it differs from what someone else thinks? If they aren't impressed with the Note7 then they're not impressed. It's not going to stop the people who want the phone from buying it so why does it bother people that some expected/wanted more from the Note7? Differences of opinion should be expected because we all use our devices OUR own way. What's right for me might not be what's right for you, and that's okay.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I've never considered Forbes to be a reliable source for anything tech.

I just go there every now and then to see what's new, but I've never made it one of my sources for tech news. Doesn't seem reliable enough.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I partially agree that the Note isn't the hard-hitting specs-for-days phablet it used to be, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but of course, you may think differently and that is totally fine.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Is there a reason that people get attacked for expressing their opinion, just because it differs from what someone else thinks? If they aren't impressed with the Note7 then they're not impressed. It's not going to stop the people who want the phone from buying it so why does it bother people that some expected/wanted more from the Note7? Differences of opinion should be expected because we all use our devices OUR own way. What's right for me might not be what's right for you, and that's okay.

Well said.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

It's mob mentality. A lot of folks have Note 7 blinders on and only want to hear similar viewpoints. Go against the mob and you get crushed....

I personally wish removable batteries would return, but understand why they won't and have dealt with it. That's not to say people can't still express disappointment that the Note 7 doesn't have it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Not sure "people" are being attacked but their expectations of what they think the N7 should be are being attacked. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and when posters come and criticize the new phone, those who like the phone will fight back.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
...any fool can see their Note7 sales are going to get hit hard compared to the Note5's..

So, you're not a fan then? :)

I would respectfully disagree with everything you wrote. There are many improvements from the Note 5 to the Note 7 (which I bet you actually do know), such as:

- Bigger Battery
- Water reisitance
- Return of the SD card
- Better faster camera
- New HDR screen
- Cool new S-Pen functionality
- Faster CPU
- Faster graphics
- Always on display (if you like that)
- etc

If you don't like any of these, or they aren't acceptable to you, I wish you happy hunting. I am thrilled with the announcement and can't wait to check out my new phone.