08-30-2016 08:27 PM
66 123
tools
    Interesting bit of info I dug up:

https://www.asurion.com/about/press-...ions/?s=Canada

The same company that services the Costco device protection plan also covers the one for Rogers since 2012

Obviously not nearly the same deal at Costco though
    Right. No protection for lost or stolen devices at Costco
    08-17-2016 10:16 PM
    Right. No protection for lost or stolen devices at Costco
    Yea and a $200 deductable from Rogers vs $79 from Costco

Plus over 2 years, the Rogers plan costs over $250 vs $120 from costco

How the hell can the prices be so different when it's the same company offering the protection?

Yes I can see a small price bump for lost and stolen, by why is the deductable so insane? And the cost over 2 years over double!
    08-17-2016 10:18 PM
    You're paying for the extra risk the insurance company assumes. Theft and lost happens frequently.
    08-17-2016 10:45 PM
    How does it explain a $200 deductable for a broken screen?
    08-17-2016 11:17 PM
    How does it explain a $200 deductable for a broken screen?
    Its part of their risk model and provision of a uniform service unfortunately.
    08-18-2016 12:14 AM
    It's completely ubsurd

Charge a lower free for a broken phone and a higher deductable if it's lost or stolen

It's a money grab, period
    08-18-2016 12:51 AM
    That's why insurance companies make massive profits. They know how to make money off of you, period.
    08-18-2016 01:30 AM
    That's why insurance companies make massive profits. They know how to make money off of you, period.
    Problem I have is there is better insurance policies out there, you would think Rogers would want to be more competitive with the likes of the Costco protection plans and apples for instance.

Its a shame we are limited so much in Canada... Didn't realize how bad since I've had iPhones for several years and just paid the $100 for 2 years that covered accidental damage for a reasonable deductable. Which is how it should be. This is definitely been a big let down coming to android and don't even have the phone yet
    08-18-2016 02:04 AM
    Yea has 7gb of data, Costco in Port Coquitlam BC
    You can do a HUP and keep your existing plan, but have to pay more for the phone upfront.
    08-18-2016 09:53 AM
    Interesting bit of info I dug up:

https://www.asurion.com/about/press-...ions/?s=Canada

The same company that services the Costco device protection plan also covers the one for Rogers since 2012

Obviously not nearly the same deal at Costco though
    Yes Asurion is the largest cellphone insurance company in Canada and I think in the US as well.
    Costco chose a different insurance coverage over the Big 3. If you're not too concerned about getting your phone stolen or lost then Costco is obviously is the way better choice. But we can't control these things.
    08-18-2016 10:01 AM
    I agree that there should be 2 deductibles. For example, accidental damage should be around $50-100 depending on the phone model. For lost and stolen should be around $100-200 depending on the phone model. Keep in mind you're also paying $12/mth on top of the deductible. What I normally suggest to people who just did an upgrade from Rogers is to get their device protection for the first 3- 6 months and cancel it if you feel it's not worth paying for it anymore. There's nothing worse than not having any coverage and something happens to your phone within a month or so.

Samsung should offer the same type of protection like Apple does. All they offer is an extended warranty for manufacturer's defect. Companies like One Plus, ZTE does offer accidental damage coverage as well. Don't know why Samsung being the largest cellphone manufacturer in the World won't offer it.
    JeromeM likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:17 AM
    I'm number 10 for onyx black. Shipping status showing in progress
    08-18-2016 12:29 PM
    I'm number 10 for onyx black. Shipping status showing in progress
    Yea mine shown in progress two days ago from Rogers

I'm going to be calling Rogers today about cancelling my pre order to go through Costco and keep my current contract. Just can't stand there isn't any good device protection option for this phone.

Might have to wait a bit longer to get my phone by redoing my preorder
    08-18-2016 12:36 PM
    Mine just turned to in progress yesterday. I can't imagine being number 10 and not having this in my hand tomorrow
    08-18-2016 12:50 PM
    Mine just turned to in progress yesterday. I can't imagine being number 10 and not having this in my hand tomorrow
    When did you pre-order? Were you #10 from the beginning? I know that as people's orders changed to "In Progress" others moved lower in the list. So if you were #75 and they processed 50 of them you would then become #25.

I was #87 from the start for Black, went to In Progress on Tuesday around 4:30pm and been like that since.
    08-18-2016 01:03 PM
    Well a bit pissed about Costco

Talked to them yesterday on the phone about the promo and told me to call Rogers to make sure they can honour my retention plan etc. Call them this morning about it, all is well, so I call up Costco just to confirm with them before I head over and they say the deal is over, ended yesterday!

Woulda been nice to tell me that last night on the damn phone! Guess I'll just have to be extra careful... No way I'm laying out $12 a month with a $200 deductable from Rogers... What a joke

Why the hell doesn't Samsung offer this protection service in Canada?!u.s gets it but not us

Bad start coming from Apple...
    08-18-2016 05:27 PM
    Just called the rogers location from where man pre order is being shipped and they haven't even even recivednany shipments yet.
    I've pre ordered many devices and this is the first time they haven't called me the day before to confirm. This is also the closets to #1 I've been. I'm 10 in the que for onxy black.
    08-18-2016 06:42 PM
    Well a bit pissed about Costco

Talked to them yesterday on the phone about the promo and told me to call Rogers to make sure they can honour my retention plan etc. Call them this morning about it, all is well, so I call up Costco just to confirm with them before I head over and they say the deal is over, ended yesterday!

Woulda been nice to tell me that last night on the damn phone! Guess I'll just have to be extra careful... No way I'm laying out $12 a month with a $200 deductable from Rogers... What a joke

Why the hell doesn't Samsung offer this protection service in Canada?!u.s gets it but not us

Bad start coming from Apple...
    That's too bad the promo deal with Costco ended yesterday. Like I suggested to others, you should buy the device protection from Rogers. You can cancel it after a month or so. You're spending a lot of money for the phone. If something happens to your phone within a month, you are covered. Even with the deductible, it's still a lot cheaper than getting it repaired or if for some reason it gets it lost or stolen. Also if something happens to your phone within 30 days, you will get a brand new replacement.
    I hope this helps.
    08-18-2016 06:43 PM
    I might do that for the first month or two... But it will be going in a uag case and a screen protector as well
    08-18-2016 06:51 PM
    I might do that for the first month or two... But it will be going in a uag case and a screen protector as well
    Where are you located? I had pre ordered a Black from Costco Markham that I won't pickup..... They haven't called me to tell me it's there but perhaps they will tomorrow.
    08-18-2016 09:49 PM
    Where are you located? I had pre ordered a Black from Costco Markham that I won't pickup..... They haven't called me to tell me it's there but perhaps they will tomorrow.
    Few provinces over in bc lol
    JeromeM likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:24 PM
    I'm assuming you're going with the Rogers deal instead?
    08-19-2016 08:53 AM
    I'm assuming you're going with the Rogers deal instead?
    Yeah, I'm trying to buy a used BlackBerry Z10 for $50 so I can get the trade in of $200 (net is $150 but better than $0)

That or Best buy has the S7E for $0 this weekend +128gb card making it very tempting over the Note.

If Costco also had the trade in on top of the pre order gift I would buy from them.

I got the shipping notice last night from Roger's so that's good, no word about the Costco pre order yet but if he calls I will ask him if any other promo applys.
    08-19-2016 09:25 AM
    Yeah, I'm trying to buy a used BlackBerry Z10 for $50 so I can get the trade in of $200 (net is $150 but better than $0)

That or Best buy has the S7E for $0 this weekend +128gb card making it very tempting over the Note.

If Costco also had the trade in on top of the pre order gift I would buy from them.

I got the shipping notice last night from Roger's so that's good, no word about the Costco pre order yet but if he calls I will ask him if any other promo applys.
    If you can get $200 for the Z10 for the trade in than that's a great deal!
    I was suppose to get the Note 7 today from Costco but was told I have to pay an early upgrade fee. I had spoken to Rogers CS three times in the last month and neither of the reps I spoke with said anything about an early upgrade fee. I am so angry right now. I'll call Rogers yet again and file a complaint because this is BS. If they don't do anything about it then I'm going to buy the International version because I prefer the Exynos version. If I'm forced to buy it in full price I may as well get the version I want.

Anyways, let me know what you end up getting.
    08-19-2016 01:27 PM
    If you can get $200 for the Z10 for the trade in than that's a great deal!
    I was suppose to get the Note 7 today from Costco but was told I have to pay an early upgrade fee. I had spoken to Rogers CS three times in the last month and neither of the reps I spoke with said anything about an early upgrade fee. I am so angry right now. I'll call Rogers yet again and file a complaint because this is BS. If they don't do anything about it then I'm going to buy the International version because I prefer the Exynos version. If I'm forced to buy it in full price I may as well get the version I want.

Anyways, let me know what you end up getting.
    Yeah, Hardware Upgrade sucks but they do make it pretty clear how it works and you can check the balance online through MyRogers. I have been patiently waiting for mine to go down to a comfortable level where I feel ok paying it. But I mean, if you buy a $1060 phone for $560 they add the $500 difference on the hardware balance so you have to make sure you either stick with the existing phone for 2 years or pay it off.

For my my company pays my bill so I'm fine with whatever contract I need to get the device as cheap as possible because they don't pay for the phones.
    08-19-2016 02:00 PM
66 123