Anyone from rogers done the pre-order?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My only issue with getting from Costco is that I don't have a normal contract through Rogers, I'm on a retention plan through customer relations. So I'm not sure how that will effect my contract by going through Costco if I was too

Hoping to just find a decent substitute for a protection plan as I don't want to wait any longer to get my note 7

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with getting from Costco is that I don't have a normal contract through Rogers, I'm on a retention plan through customer relations. So I'm not sure how that will effect my contract by going through Costco if I was too

Hoping to just find a decent substitute for a protection plan as I don't want to wait any longer to get my note 7
I don't think that should matter. They will just get the appropriate personnel on the line in Toronto.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Does your plan include data? Which Costco location will you be going to?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Right. No protection for lost or stolen devices at Costco

Yea and a $200 deductable from Rogers vs $79 from Costco

Plus over 2 years, the Rogers plan costs over $250 vs $120 from costco

How the hell can the prices be so different when it's the same company offering the protection?

Yes I can see a small price bump for lost and stolen, by why is the deductable so insane? And the cost over 2 years over double!

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It's completely ubsurd

Charge a lower free for a broken phone and a higher deductable if it's lost or stolen

It's a money grab, period

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
That's why insurance companies make massive profits. They know how to make money off of you, period.

Problem I have is there is better insurance policies out there, you would think Rogers would want to be more competitive with the likes of the Costco protection plans and apples for instance.

Its a shame we are limited so much in Canada... Didn't realize how bad since I've had iPhones for several years and just paid the $100 for 2 years that covered accidental damage for a reasonable deductable. Which is how it should be. This is definitely been a big let down coming to android and don't even have the phone yet

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Interesting bit of info I dug up:

https://www.asurion.com/about/press...n-service-for-rogers-communications/?s=Canada

The same company that services the Costco device protection plan also covers the one for Rogers since 2012

Obviously not nearly the same deal at Costco though

Yes Asurion is the largest cellphone insurance company in Canada and I think in the US as well.
Costco chose a different insurance coverage over the Big 3. If you're not too concerned about getting your phone stolen or lost then Costco is obviously is the way better choice. But we can't control these things.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree that there should be 2 deductibles. For example, accidental damage should be around $50-100 depending on the phone model. For lost and stolen should be around $100-200 depending on the phone model. Keep in mind you're also paying $12/mth on top of the deductible. What I normally suggest to people who just did an upgrade from Rogers is to get their device protection for the first 3- 6 months and cancel it if you feel it's not worth paying for it anymore. There's nothing worse than not having any coverage and something happens to your phone within a month or so.

Samsung should offer the same type of protection like Apple does. All they offer is an extended warranty for manufacturer's defect. Companies like One Plus, ZTE does offer accidental damage coverage as well. Don't know why Samsung being the largest cellphone manufacturer in the World won't offer it.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm number 10 for onyx black. Shipping status showing in progress

Yea mine shown in progress two days ago from Rogers

I'm going to be calling Rogers today about cancelling my pre order to go through Costco and keep my current contract. Just can't stand there isn't any good device protection option for this phone.

Might have to wait a bit longer to get my phone by redoing my preorder

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine just turned to in progress yesterday. I can't imagine being number 10 and not having this in my hand tomorrow

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Mine just turned to in progress yesterday. I can't imagine being number 10 and not having this in my hand tomorrow

When did you pre-order? Were you #10 from the beginning? I know that as people's orders changed to "In Progress" others moved lower in the list. So if you were #75 and they processed 50 of them you would then become #25.

I was #87 from the start for Black, went to In Progress on Tuesday around 4:30pm and been like that since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non