Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

jv1218

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Crazy. From what we have been told earlier in this thread from showing who has bought from them before is that the Samsung.com people you call are clueless. But better you went on and picked it up at Best Buy

Whoever said they where clueless was dead on and hit the money! I have been trying to call them and have been transferred 10 times before actually getting to someone who could talk English without some crazy accent and understood what I was getting at. One of them even tried to tell me to contact T-Mobile directly because they did not have information. I finally got some light on the subject tho, seems as if they will begin shipping tomorrow and once shipped we will get tracking for the phones, meaning we will not be getting them until Saturday or Tuesday the latest. This experience coming from a whole life of Apple really has me with a sour taste in my mouth. I have had all the iPhones and ordered from Apple.com when they began and always have gotten them on released day. One things for sure the note 7 kicks *** and apples innovation has took a huge hit, have always liked the best and that's why I'm switching to it 😁👍🏼. And most definitely NEVER ordering form Samsung.com, I'd rather make a line at bestbuy or wherever else and get it day one than pay 900$ for a device and get it late directly form the manufacture, completely ludacris.

Getting:
Note 7 blue❌
Wireless charging stand✔️
128gbmemory card✔️
Front glass✔️
Case ✔️

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this but they are just barely better than Sony. We all know Sony is terrible at launching... or even getting a phone out period. They usually release their "new" phone, in the USA, about a month before they announce their "newer" phone.

Samsung, what a complete failure.

They should have shipped these days ago so we would get them tomorrow. Useless four letter words.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Thing is, they obviously shipped pallets of them to carriers last week...since they are being delivered to customers as we speak. They certainly have them ready to go, but are being stupid about the release date. If Samsung wants to pretend like they are the Apple of the Android world, they need to dump Digital River as their supply chain company (they are just horrible) and do things in-house. Impress your direct customers. Take care of them. Deliver things early, surprise people that drop like a thousand dollars sight unseen. This is how you build brand loyalty. Meanwhile, people are happy with their carriers right now, not Samsung. And the margins for Samsung are lower for carrier sold devices (they make their profit, too). Samsung is not too smart here.

Thats a problem.

jv1218

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If they did that they would blow competition out of the water! Honestly no one can be mad because of not getting it until the 19th including myself, but if you want people to take you serious do it in house and make sure you ship them all over night or 2 days before as Apple has done to make sure everyone gets it on or a day before launch day and not 3 days after that. Sucks to have payed it in full directly to them and they can't get the product to you on its first day of sale.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
They are worse than Apple though. Apple will ship your product next day air so you get it on release day. This happens quite often. A lot of places do this. Amazon does this frequently as well.

Samsung obviously has a huge disconnect here. I would blame it on the Koreans but culture isn't an issue here. This is all Samsung USA's problem.

They want to charge Apple prices but give you no sapphire and no "launch date" delivery. They also don't want to give any transparency and they sub customer service out to God knows where.

Seriously, if Apple hadn't sucked it up on the 7, I would have cancelled this "pre-order" by now.

Samsung won my money just because they happen to suck a little less this year.

And I know I'm beating a dead horse here but this keeps bugging me.

Instead of offering year old watches and SD cards, why not NOT offer them and put some freaking sapphire on this phone and make a better showing in the USA?! By that, I mean, don't sub out your distribution and customer service. The USA invests tons in Korea. Historically, much more than they have here.

Samsung, you have the money, do it!

You're only making a big splash with the Note, here, because Apple has lost its way. If they ever find their way back, you'll start fighting for that market share back and... a lot of us have long memories.

I'll add this one tidbit and be done, relatively speaking. When google chose LG to make the Nexus 4, I read a million posts about how people were burned by LG in the past and how much they completely suck. I took a chance and it turned out to be one of the best phones I've ever had. I still have it. However, plenty of people never forgot the past. I don't blame them.

I loved that phone so much that I bought 3 LG appliances 3 years ago. Guess what, 2 out of the 3 are complete garbage. My Samsung appliances have been just fine.

I think that we have reached a saturation point, or likely past it, so all electronics are going down the tubes. Even a lot of Korean electronics are being subbed out to China and (dear baby Jesus, no) India.

So, I guess every year we all have to roll the dice. There are no solid brands anymore. Everything is made in China. That's a gross oversimplification but even Samsung's "made in Korea" wares are filled with Chinese components.

Wow, I really trailed off there. That snowballed into a rant.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
They are worse than Apple though. Apple will ship your product next day air so you get it on release day. This happens quite often. A lot of places do this. Amazon does this frequently as well.

Samsung obviously has a huge disconnect here. I would blame it on the Koreans but culture isn't an issue here. This is all Samsung USA's problem.

They want to charge Apple prices but give you no sapphire and no "launch date" delivery. They also don't want to give any transparency and they sub customer service out to God knows where.

Seriously, if Apple hadn't sucked it up on the 7, I would have cancelled this "pre-order" by now.

Samsung won my money just because they happen to suck a little less this year.

And I know I'm beating a dead horse here but this keeps bugging me.

Instead of offering year old watches and SD cards, why not NOT offer them and put some freaking sapphire on this phone and make a better showing in the USA?! By that, I mean, don't sub out your distribution and customer service. The USA invests tons in Korea. Historically, much more than they have here.

Samsung, you have the money, do it!

You're only making a big splash with the Note, here, because Apple has lost its way. If they ever find their way back, you'll start fighting for that market share back and... a lot of us have long memories.

I'll add this one tidbit and be done, relatively speaking. When google chose LG to make the Nexus 4, I read a million posts about how people were burned by LG in the past and how much they completely suck. I took a chance and it turned out to be one of the best phones I've ever had. I still have it. However, plenty of people never forgot the past. I don't blame them.

I loved that phone so much that I bought 3 LG appliances 3 years ago. Guess what, 2 out of the 3 are complete garbage. My Samsung appliances have been just fine.

I think that we have reached a saturation point, or likely past it, so all electronics are going down the tubes. Even a lot of Korean electronics are being subbed out to China and (dear baby Jesus, no) India.

So, I guess every year we all have to roll the dice. There are no solid brands anymore. Everything is made in China. That's a gross oversimplification but even Samsung's "made in Korea" wares are filled with Chinese components.

Wow, I really trailed off there. That snowballed into a rant.

Dude, we get it you want sapphire crystal over your camera and home button . It's done, its over, and it certainly doesn't belong in this thread.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Dude, we get it you want sapphire crystal over your camera and home button . It's done, its over, and it certainly doesn't belong in this thread.

Considering your user name is "kool aid is life", and haven't participated in this thread, as far as I can remember, it seems you don't belong here, not my comments. My comments belong wherever I post them. They are opinions. Opinions that you don't have to listen to. Why even post? Just mute me or go elsewhere. A place where kool aid drinkers are embraced.

I'm OS agnostic but I cannot believe that Android users have not been up in arms about the lack of sapphire, considering Apple has been using it for 3 years this September. They may have had it longer on the camera lens. 3 years on the fingerprint sensor.

Maybe Android users have been entrenched in Android far too long. Hating Apple doesn't mean they don't get some things right. They didn't get enough right this year for me to continue using them, so I'll be a Note user. And I will bring my opinions to this device. $963 is what I paid for this (with expedited shipping and tax). I paid around $100 more for my 6S Plus. The point is that there is no excuse for Samsung's flagships to not have the best. Hell, they are giving china 2 more gigs of RAM because they have almost been pushed out of the market. This leads me to my final point.

What happened last year when Samsung killed water resistance, SD slots and removable batteries? People the world over went crazy and were up in arms about it. They took to every forum and form of social media available. Guess what, their sales were horrible. Many people just boycotted the devices. Samsung got the message and added back 2 of those 3 features. The 2 that mattered the most.

If you don't expect more, you'll never get more. If you don't demand more, you'll NEVER GET MORE!

All of these companies are here to make a profit. A maximum profit. They will leave off everything possible to do this. They are almost dead in China, so they Hail Mary the Note 7 and add an extra 2gb of RAM. It won't save them there though.

Apple soft-balled one in this year, so I'm voting with my wallet. I have enough Android devices that I can voice my unbiased opinion here. You can take your kool aid self elsewhere. Me and my friends want sapphire on our Samsung's!

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Considering your user name is "kool aid is life", and haven't participated in this thread, as far as I can remember, it seems you don't belong here, not my comments. My comments belong wherever I post them. They are opinions. Opinions that you don't have to listen to. Why even post? Just mute me or go elsewhere. A place where kool aid drinkers are embraced.

I'm OS agnostic but I cannot believe that Android users have not been up in arms about the lack of sapphire, considering Apple has been using it for 3 years this September. They may have had it longer on the camera lens. 3 years on the fingerprint sensor.

Maybe Android users have been entrenched in Android far too long. Hating Apple doesn't mean they don't get some things right. They didn't get enough right this year for me to continue using them, so I'll be a Note user. And I will bring my opinions to this device. $963 is what I paid for this (with expedited shipping and tax). I paid around $100 more for my 6S Plus. The point is that there is no excuse for Samsung's flagships to not have the best. Hell, they are giving china 2 more gigs of RAM because they have almost been pushed out of the market. This leads me to my final point.

What happened last year when Samsung killed water resistance, SD slots and removable batteries? People the world over went crazy and were up in arms about it. They took to every forum and form of social media available. Guess what, their sales were horrible. Many people just boycotted the devices. Samsung got the message and added back 2 of those 3 features. The 2 that mattered the most.

If you don't expect more, you'll never get more. If you don't demand more, you'll NEVER GET MORE!

All of these companies are here to make a profit. A maximum profit. They will leave off everything possible to do this. They are almost dead in China, so they Hail Mary the Note 7 and add an extra 2gb of RAM. It won't save them there though.

Apple soft-balled one in this year, so I'm voting with my wallet. I have enough Android devices that I can voice my unbiased opinion here. You can take your kool aid self elsewhere. Me and my friends want sapphire on our Samsung's!

What I mean is, this thread is about samsung.com shipping, not about features. I have no problem if that's what you want, but this particular thread is not relevant to that. This particular thread is about ordering and receiving phones from samsung.com.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, fair enough.

I did admit that I trailed off. There is great hostility in this thread because of how Samsung operates and executes things. The subject matter kind of intertwines. Since we are getting absolutely NOTHING from Samsung.com, we are just kind of venting and passing the time.

I don't think this goes against the spirit of the forums.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
ConstantDefector, can you please start a separate thread about your build concerns so we can keep this thread on topic? We are trying to discuss Samsung.com orders here.

Edit: I see you addressed that in the post above mine. Posted at the same time. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
ConstantDefector, can you please start a separate thread about your build concerns so we can keep this thread on topic? We are trying to discuss Samsung.com orders here.

Edit: I see you addressed that in the post above mine. Posted at the same time. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

I am self-limiting :)

However, once (if ever) this phone arrives, I will be the sapphire champion. In new threads, of course ;)

I really hope this thread lights up after midnight or 3am. Cheers ladies and gentlemen.

Hendo009

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
They totally screwed me up. I preordered within the 1st hour. It was still Aug 2nd actually MST. There was a glitch in the system that was charging for the free gift. I removed the gift and continued to check out to not have shipping delays. Called them later to have my free gift added to my order. They told me to go to samsungpromotions.com and samsungpromotions.com told me to call samsung. Back and forth for over a week. Samsung said they would have to cancel my order and reorder. New delivery date after 9/22. I said no. Anyway, with zero shipping status change, I finally cancelled my order today. I guess its a good thing they never sent me the free gift. Zero patience at this point. Scheduled a 10:00am appt at local tmobile to pick up my new note 7. Not suppose to hold it for me, but sheven asked what color I wanted and said we'll take care of you tomorrow.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
In addition to checking my order status, I've been checking fedex using my order number as a resource (I get my Fit 2 shipment but that's it) no luck there. I also signed up for Fedex Insight which alerts you for anything being shipped to your address, regardless of whether or not you have a tracking number.

Nothing on all fronts.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with a Samsung rep this evening (7:30pm EST), the rep said they will not ship until Aug 26th. They want to let the providers and store sell first. She was straight forward without a blink. She said; "It is what.. it is". I hope she's wrong, but I don't think they're shipping tomorrow on the 19th. So, I preordered on Best Buy.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a Samsung rep this evening (7:30pm EST), the rep said they will not ship until Aug 26th. They want to let the providers and store sell first. She was straight forward without a blink. She said; "It is what.. it is". I hope she's wrong, but I don't think they're shipping tomorrow on the 19th. So, I preordered on Best Buy.

If this is the case, then why even offer pre-ordering on their site? Or at least make it clear that they won't be shipping out the phones until Aug 26th. If this is true, it makes absolutely no sense.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe preorder demand was much higher than they anticipated through the carriers/bestbuy and so now they're redirecting their samsung.com inventory to help supply that demand?