Why is the Note 7 in such huge demand?

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 seemingly set the standard for phablets, it had everything a tech nerd and everyday consumer wanted.

Maybe people's phones are just breaking down and they are ready for a new purchase.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Uh... I've been seeing Note 7 ads on the Olympics all the time. What better event to be advertisIng short of the super bowl and lasts two weeks.

On top of that in the android media it's seen as the best android to date which I'd agree and surpasses the current iPhone 6 Plus so it's got a lot of momentum.

Once you get all the techys that want the phone on day one... we will have to see how it sells after a month or so... I think it will still be considered one of top phones of year by media... but the $850 price is high.

I've been trying to wonder why the demand is so high for it. I have not seen a lot of media hype or advertising for it like you do for the Iphones. I know this is one of the best devices ever for Android maybe rivaling the Note 4, but I'm trying to figure out why it's selling so hot despite not a ton of advertising for it.

yI'm wondering if many of them are Note 4 users wanting to upgrade due to the removable SD card on it and larger battery than the Note 4 with many maybe skipping the Note 5 due to no IR blaster and no external memory.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I've seen Note 7 commercials on all the a mainstream TV stations. Ads are on all the social media platforms as well. Pre-orders are backordered.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Even though the reviews aren't really in, there has not been one video or article that has said anything negative about this phone. It's beautiful, people have noticed, Apple has been stuck in the mud, and it has raised the bar on what a flagship truly is.

Posted via the Android Central App

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I do believe Samsung raised the bar with the Note 7. I'm 99% sure that will be my next phone. But I am waiting to see what the iPhone 7 has to offer. And maybe wait long enough to see how the new Nexus looks like too. But right now Samsung is riding it's best momentum wave with Olympic advertising and a beautiful looking phone I think getting the design just right.

I think iPhone 8 is dampening 7 release but we'll see. latest BGR article that blue is looking good and the camera will be interesting if it takes cameras to another level. Using a iPhone 6 loaner while my G3 died, I did rediscover what a solid performer they are... the battery life was way better than my G3... maybe better than my LG G2 I had and considered the best battery of any phone I ever had. And their customer service is second to none as far as apple stores everywhere to take it in and giving me a loaner when the wifi chip died and in the end swapping it with a new phone within 48 hours under warranty. That's one thing I am concerned about is the support if I have an issue like that with only 3 service centers in the US and doubt any chance of a immediate loaner phone for a phone at this price level.

iPhone 7 Release Day Nears, Working Blue iPhone 7 Plus Photos Leaked | BGR

On top of that again is price... If Apple keeps price at $649 and $749... $850 for the Note will be an issue for the general user. I think Apple needs to raise the minimum storage capacity on those phones though. 16GB is painful.

Even though the reviews aren't really in, there has not been one video or article that has said anything negative about this phone. It's beautiful, people have noticed, Apple has been stuck in the mud, and it has raised the bar on what a flagship truly is.

Fuzzypumper

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
To Note or not to Note? My brother just upgraded to the S7 Edge -- says the Note is too big. Between these two, I imagine "best phone" is determined by a person's needs and personal preferences.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I think the same reason anything is in huge demands. Not only the hype or what the media says. I certainly wont jump on any phone without knowing something about it or having experienced the product. The point is that Samsung, S7E and or previous note phones have been excellent and this being the latest wont disappoint. Everything's improved and this when people love their previous Notes, is recipe for success or high demand.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree 100%. I've been using iPhone 6s plus for the last five six months sold it went back to note 5 and ordered the n7. The n7 looks so far beyond the iPhone in every category besides battery life.

The everyday batter life is what scares me a bit. People that haven't used one of the plus iphones. Dont really understand how crazy that battery is.

ogl > cal

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
On top of that again is price... If Apple keeps price at $649 and $749... $850 for the Note will be an issue for the general user. I think Apple needs to raise the minimum storage capacity on those phones though. 16GB is painful.

Not an even comparison price wise. The base $650-$700 for Galaxy S7 or iphone7(if price remains the same for Apple) is negligible. The buyer will go with what device they like or which eco system they are the most invested in.

Stack the current iphone 6s plus with 64gb storage similar to the Note 7 & you are even at $850. Buy iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple . Then there are many other trade offs a buyer will have to choose from between each device. Not starting an Apple v Android debate. But thinking baseline storage would be a big factor when comparing prices & should level the playing field.

To Note or not to Note? My brother just upgraded to the S7 Edge -- says the Note is too big. Between these two, I imagine "best phone" is determined by a person's needs and personal preferences.

Yes, but you cannot get the S7E in coral blue. ;) I really could not tell that the Note 7 was bigger than the S7E while holding it. While I know it is physically fractions larger, it fits my hand better. The sides are not quite as thin & the edge display is more tapered on the Note 7.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I dunno... i've seen that Note 7 ad with Christoph Waltz quite a few times already (granted, it is a US-centric ad)... and plenty of ads online. There's no lack of marketing for this phone.

As for the overal situation... well, there are a MILLION moving parts, including one that hasn't been all the well talked about... The tick-tock nature of phone upgrades. Due to a number of reasons, people are on a 18 to 24 month upgrade schedule, and this has a significant impact on phone sales. With the S line, Samsung sold so many S3s that it had a significant impact on the S4... S5 sold, S6 didn't.. S7 sold a TON, etc. Sure, there are other factors, but this is one of the most critical.

Now, the Note line... while it came into its own with the Note 3, it was the Note 4 that was the most success. So irrespective of the overal quality of the Note 5 (contrary to popular belief, it was an excellent phone), the 5 arrived on the market in a huge disadvantage because the so many of the Note's targent audience had a less-than-a-year old Note 4 in their hands. Other than phones breaking, there are really only two reasons people upgrade; time and features. Either a phone is so old that it needs to be chucked or the new one offers so many new features that the user is compelled to switch. As good as the Note 5 was, it satisfied neither side.

So here we are, two years removed with a bunch of Note 4 people looking for a replacement.... combine that with a phone that is really the culmination of two years or development in the new design language that started with the S6... you get the makings of a successful launch.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, could the high demand is artificial generated by Samsung itself?
Otherwise, Samsung under-estimated the demand?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, could the high demand is artificial generated by Samsung itself?
Otherwise, Samsung under-estimated the demand?

There has been some of that strategy in the past with some companies when they have a specific hot product (Cabbage Patch Kids are an example), but the financial consensus in a competitive market like smart phones shows that sales constraints equals lost sales overall. Even Apple makes sure they have minimal supply constraints and have a dedicated customer base and ecosystem.

If anything, I would suggest Samsung launched earlier than their supply chain could actually globally support. They obviously knew this, but want to protect/take as much market share from Apple before the big iPhone launch as they can.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. stop with the Note 5 was a flop BS. It was a fanboy flop, everyone crying about their batteries and IR Blasters, but it sold, and sold very well.

An article from AnTuTu from July 2016 showed the Note 5 was the most popular smartphone in the world during the first half of 2016 (the US too) beating out the s6 line, and the new s7 line. AnTuTu: Samsung Galaxy Note5 was world's most popular smartphone in H1 2016 - GSMArena.com news

While it may not have been many people's favorite, it was a hit, and sold really well, even without Europe helping.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess because the note 5 was a relative flop, and the s7 and s7 edge are highly regarded.

I'm not really sure about the "flop", I've actually read that the note 5 sales were good. It outsold the s6 edge + from the articles I read back then. Many current articles are saying that the note 7 is outpacing the note 5 sales and is expected to hit around 3 million manufactured phones a month.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The everyday batter life is what scares me a bit. People that haven't used one of the plus iphones. Dont really understand how crazy that battery is.

ogl > cal

Yeah Apple's battery life isn't anything to sleep on; they pretty much last forever.

With that being said though, I think a balance between functionality and battery life needs to be struck. I mean, it's 2016 and iOS home screen still looks the same way it did when the iPhone debuted in 2007.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to wonder why the demand is so high for it. I have not seen a lot of media hype or advertising for it like you do for the Iphones. I know this is one of the best devices ever for Android maybe rivaling the Note 4, but I'm trying to figure out why it's selling so hot despite not a ton of advertising for it.

I'm wondering if many of them are Note 4 users wanting to upgrade due to the removable SD card on it and larger battery than the Note 4 with many maybe skipping the Note 5 due to no IR blaster and no external memory.

I'm guessing you haven't been watching the Olympics? Samsung has had a huge media blitz going for this phone for the last few weeks.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Not an even comparison price wise. The base $650-$700 for Galaxy S7 or iphone7(if price remains the same for Apple) is negligible. The buyer will go with what device they like or which eco system they are the most invested in.

Stack the current iphone 6s plus with 64gb storage similar to the Note 7 & you are even at $850. Buy iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple . Then there are many other trade offs a buyer will have to choose from between each device. Not starting an Apple v Android debate. But thinking baseline storage would be a big factor when comparing prices & should level the playing field.

Yes, but you cannot get the S7E in coral blue. ;) I really could not tell that the Note 7 was bigger than the S7E while holding it. While I know it is physically fractions larger, it fits my hand better. The sides are not quite as thin & the edge display is more tapered on the Note 7.

I am still undecided between Coral Blue and Black ... I don't know why I'm even thinking hard about it considering the all glass construction mandates a case for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38