OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Chrome is not the best, you should download Dolphin browser because it not a mobile browser so you won't have restricted content. You get the full browser experience you would get with a regular laptop or PC.

Stock browser is in my experience faster. Optimised for the task. Not using chrome anymore (S7E user)

kareem_ruhi

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Have had it for a week now, it's a great overall experience. Can't be judged as of now as things will arise later but my first takes on the negative side are:

1. The speaker quality which could be labeled as 'mono' - not a deal breaker for sure but i would not have expected such a speak under SUCH a price tag.
2. Lags in loading Gallery images.
3. I got random crashes notifications which i would not have thought to happen at such an early stage. I do not have any 'unusual' apps and have not retrieved anything from old phones; fresh data and trusted apps.

Other than that all good.

Worth mentioning that the the Iris scan is absolutely amazing and super fast. I never imagined that i would use it but configured anyways in addition to the fingerprint. I'm stunned with how fast it opens the phone (even with my sunglasses on in daylight which kind of contradicts with how it was advertised at first).

I am sure Samsung will address these very minor issues in the next update. By far, the best Android experience!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
1. The speaker is weak

2. The curve display is problematic finding a case that protects properly. The ones that do provide protection actually cover/blocks the curve part of display. Best Buy had a few that do that.

3. All glass is counter intuitive for a portable device. Seems ironic in same sentence.

4. This would be about the non replaceable battery, but the market is doing that to force overall two year turn on devices.

Everything else IMO rocks.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!

I hate that goddamn warning so much.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Meant to say too that I tried to work with TouchWiz for a day, but widgets looked bad and just missed the customization of Nova launcher so went back to that.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
So far the only thing I don't like is the battery life

I was not thrilled to go to bed last night at 100 percent and wake up at 76. :( I know it takes a few days for Android to settle down, but that drop - with no open apps, Do Not Disturb engaged and AOD off - alarmed me.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was not thrilled to go to bed last night at 100 percent and wake up at 76. :( I know it takes a few days for Android to settle down, but that drop - with no open apps, Do Not Disturb engaged and AOD off - alarmed me.

Last night mine went from 60% to 54% over 6 hours while I slept. I'm not complaining.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the apk and I'm absolutely loving it. So clean and stock looking, yet I can change it to how I want it.

Posted via the Android Central App
I'll probably wait for an update that gives it Nougat-styled notifications and official support for the Note7 and its iris scanner.

I really want to try Good Lock, but I'll wait.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
The store's rep transferred mine (wired) and none of the messages transferred. ARGH.

Install SMS Backup and Restore to your old phone and new phone,
then back up your messages,
then copy them to your PC over USB,
then copy them to your new phone over USB,
then run SMS Backup and Restore on you new phone and click RESTORE and all your messages are back :)

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Battery life could be better and I feel my Note 5 charged faster.

Also, I have Tinnitus and I constantly have white noise playing in the background, mostly at work. The speakers on the Note 7 are a lot weaker than the Note 5.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Your note 5 DID charge faster...it takes longer to charge up a 3500 vs a 3000, so in 30 mins, you get to 50%, you might get to 44% with the other one.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd say my biggest disappointment is the lag and stuttering. It's just a shame and pretty bothersome to me. The design and screen are amazing, but the UX doesn't match the hardware to me.

Also sort of meh on the edge panels so I've disabled them.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
If Google now is integrated in the TouchWiz launcher instead of that stupid briefing i would use TouchWiz launcher. Until then I'll be using google now launcher. I believe Sony worked with Google to get the google now page to the left of the Sony launcher so hopefully it comes as an option with other OEM launcher as well.
With TouchWiz, long press on the home button to open Google Now.