OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Speaker very tinny. Hate it. Distortion on speakerphone on max volume. LED colors look washed out. File structure is odd like lightflow settings backup file goes to downloads instead of lightflow folder.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Smart lock does not keep the phone unlocked. I still have to use my fingerprint. Wondering if it's my exchange policy.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Also the screen protector situation is pretty bleak. I went through Spigen, icarez, iq shield, illumishield, and xtremeguard and they are all crap. Only the iq shield even worked as advertised, but it doesn't work with a case.

Hopefully my new wet application case friendly protector will arrive soon.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Also the screen protector situation is pretty bleak. I went through Spigen, icarez, iq shield, illumishield, and xtremeguard and they are all crap. Only the iq shield even worked as advertised, but it doesn't work with a case.

"illumishield"; did you receive their retooled version?

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Found one more thing I don't like. Looks like Samsung tinkered with Do Not Disturb. You can only turn it off and on manually. On my nexus you could turn it on for a specified amount of time or my most often used, off until next alarm. Seems you can't do that here. Yes, i see you can set schedules but that's just not the same.

frannip

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So far i gave found that mms doesn't work WITHOUT wifi. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but i havent found it yet. Also my 4G LTE service bars are practically non existent in places that I always had full servixe with no issue. It tends to bounce around alot (full bars then no bars then 5 bars then 2).

I'm fairly new to the android techy world so please be gentle :). If there are settings and techniques to try im open to suggestions!

I'm coming from the Note Edge which conveniently started to brick the moment I finished my pre-order, haha! Verizon wireless is my carrier, network set to Global.

Thanks!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So far i gave found that mms doesn't work WITHOUT wifi. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere but i havent found it yet. Also my 4G LTE service bars are practically non existent in places that I always had full servixe with no issue. It tends to bounce around alot (full bars then no bars then 5 bars then 2).

I'm fairly new to the android techy world so please be gentle :). If there are settings and techniques to try im open to suggestions!

I'm coming from the Note Edge which conveniently started to brick the moment I finished my pre-order, haha! Verizon wireless is my carrier, network set to Global.

Thanks!

That's weird! My S7E started acting rebellious knowing I was going to replace it. Mostly with the Samsung keyboard, which I've never had an issue with. I only keep icons on my main screen in the icon tray on the bottom and when the keyboard would go away those four icons would be in the middle of my home screen for one to ten seconds.

They know. Old phones know.

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not a big fan of the ringtones and notification sounds, but that's an easy fix. The speaker is subpar compared to the Moto X Pure I'm coming from, but I expected that given the single bottom speaker and water resistance. I'm giving it a go with some of the Samsung apps to see how I like them, but I see myself eventually going back to Swiftkey, Textra, and Nova.
I gave my MXPE to my son, but miss the stereo speakers and the device just feels more rugged than the N7. Everything else though IMO seems to favor the N7 so far.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the Smart Folio Case since provides protection when needed. Some of the cases I noticed at BB cover up the curve part of display. Poor design.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just made a call to the wife and the N7 Mic made her sound very tinny. Both phones were using HD calling, but this was the worst I've heard anyone sound on a cell phone.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I gave my MXPE to my son, but miss the stereo speakers and the device just feels more rugged than the N7. Everything else though IMO seems to favor the N7 so far.
Agreed. I think the only 2 things I miss from my Moto are the stereo speakers and being able to swipe down on Moto display to unlock the phone instead of having to push a button first.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So far the only thing i don't like is the Action Memo being gone. The new way to keep notes on your home screen isn't as quick and easy as action memo was.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it!

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint so far is that the edges are basically useless. I already miss the more pronounced curved edges on my S6edge+. The night clock on the edge isn't very viewable on the note 7 as it is on the edge+ as it is more on the top of the screen as the edge is too small to display anything viewable from the side. :( Other than that it's an excellent device.

Where did you find the night clock on the edge? I dont see that anywhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What is the relevance of this variant? It's the one I got from Verizon by ordering online.
The SM-N930F is an unlocked variant that runs on an Exynos 8890.

There's also an SM-N930FD, which is the same phone but has a hybrid secondary SIM slot, where it either accepts a second SIM card or a microSD card. However, it reports itself as a 930F.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001