The Note 7 Battery life Thread

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So far I am impressed with N7 battery life based on my own past two devices: N4 and MXPE. Based on my own relative use SOT:

Note 4 = 4 hours
MXPE = 3.5 hours
Note 7 = 5 hours
Note 7 in FHD with all other settings normal = 6 hours

The bonus about FHD is IMO the display still looks great. The usage is based on a mix of app use that leverages the gpu more. Less GPU heavy apps, less savings.

The power setting options are fantastic.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty happy I must say, this is only day 1.5 with it too. Only thing I Ave to figure out is what that Android System is and what I can do to reduce that usage, usually screen is #1 for me, this is odd. 1471832641244.jpg1471832646336.jpg

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
3b8fc27a117c96098a5b95f29fdd9e1e.jpg

Doing really well for me.

luk1n78

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
So far I am impressed with N7 battery life based on my own past two devices: N4 and MXPE. Based on my own relative use SOT:

Note 4 = 4 hours
MXPE = 3.5 hours
Note 7 = 5 hours
Note 7 in FHD with all other settings normal = 6 hours

The bonus about FHD is IMO the display still looks great. The usage is based on a mix of app use that leverages the gpu more. Less GPU heavy apps, less savings.

The power setting options are fantastic.

Very interesting test. Exynos or SD? Total time of usage?

Last edited:

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Whoa. Never seen this on battery monitor?

you wouldn't happen to be using onesync would you? I believe when i was using that particular app, that was what it was called. When i uninstalled it it disappeared.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 6s Plus to a Moto Z Force and the Force gets far better battery life than the 6s Plus. I would have thought the Note 7 would get similar battery life to the Z Force since they both have 3500mah batteries.

So far, it doesn't. I've been comparing the Note 7 to my Z Force for the last several days. Not jumping to any conclusions yet, since the Note 7 is still new and the Z Force has had a couple weeks to settle, but battery life on the Z has shown to be significantly better. (One example, that "Android System" heading on the Note 7 is unbelievably high, while it hardly registers on the Z Force.) I'll give it a few more days though.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I was one of the initial ones to report concern with the battery life. I'm happy to report that after two days or so the life of the battery has changed dramatically. After almost three hours of use, still on 90%.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think my method of measuring battery life is more accurate. I just check what percent I lose in a typical hour of constant use. On my s 7 Edge, I lost sixteen percent per hour. On my note 7, I lose fifteen percent.

--RICH

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty happy I must say, this is only day 1.5 with it too. Only thing I Ave to figure out is what that Android System is and what I can do to reduce that usage, usually screen is #1 for me, this is odd. View attachment 236549View attachment 236550
Same here. Android System's usage is a tad high, but my Note lasts the day for me, so it's not like I care much about it.

Honestly I think my method of measuring battery life is more accurate. I just check what percent I lose in a typical hour of constant use. On my s 7 Edge, I lost sixteen percent per hour. On my note 7, I lose fifteen percent.

--RICH
It's about 10% per hour for me. Not bad at all.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Android System's usage is a tad high, but my Note lasts the day for me, so it's not like I care much about it.

I noticed that as well. And Android OS seems to be high too. I'm hoping that after my phone settles in a little longer it goes down some. Seems way higher than on my Robin.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This was yesterday's battery life.
90% to max brightness in the day. At night I lower it below 50% if I'm reading. Some clash, Reddit, Twitter and YouTube use. Messaging all day long. I also listened to music via Bluetooth for about 2 hours.

Attachments

• 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 164

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Gsam is no good for me. The charging rates it shows are all wrong. Like fast charge 300mA? Wireless is a hoot at -210 mA. Both chargers work fine.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: average battery life?

I didn't want to be the first with the question but it seems the battery is draining a bit faster than i was accustomed to with the G7E. Different phones i know but i was expecting to be about the same drain rate due to the slight bump in batt size in the N7. I'm down 20% in about 3 hours of regular use and by this i mean no updates, downloads of new apps, not even playing games.

Hoping its not a crappy battery life, this was something i was not expecting at all. I'm sure it'll get better with use.

:-\

I noticed my battery life was going down really fast, hell it was going down right in front of me with little usage but I forgot one big thing when I got my phone on Thursday...

I downloaded all my apps but I forgot to turn off all these crappy app permissions!!! I had 4 apps that were using a a HIGH amount of location services which was part of why my battery was getting hammered so bad. To find out what apps are using a lot of you battery go to Device Maintenance, Battery, Battery Usage also don't forget to turn off the app permissions you don't use. I had a news app for a local news station here in Las Vegas, NV that was one of the apps using a high amount of location services and I barely even used the app. It was just set that way by default after reading some reviews about the app. Go through EVERY SINGLE APP and turn off the permissions it doesn't need by going to Applications, click the app you want, scroll to the bottom and hit permissions, turn off the location option for a fact since that's the biggest battery drain

I also turned off Always On Display and disabled the Chrome app because they were killing the battery on my S7 Edge also (I have T-Mobile service if that matters) and my battery life has been great now! I leave on my Wi-Fi, bluetooth, all location services, screen brightness around 50% - 60%, use my S-Pen constantly and my battery life is still great now!

darthlacey

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone on here may be able to help me out. My battery is dying insanely quick, looks like the system is eating straight through it. I went down from filly charged off the charger at 7:15 am to 11% by 1pm. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary other than Facebook messenger and browsing but can't seem to figure it out. Also, I have my phone set to mid level battery saver. Any ideas?

Robert Ladd

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
That's exactly MY problem too. Fully charged at 8am to 8% at 8pm.....and get this: it was in my briefcase the whole day and i didnt touch it.

Is it possible the wallet style case (mine is Incipio) might not allow the screen to stay off?

Insult to injury: i grabbed the wall charger and cable from the wireless fast charge...and of course that device is micro USB and not USB C....arrrgggghhhhhhh. cannot recharge now.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully someone on here may be able to help me out. My battery is dying insanely quick, looks like the system is eating straight through it. I went down from filly charged off the charger at 7:15 am to 11% by 1pm. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary other than Facebook messenger and browsing but can't seem to figure it out. Also, I have my phone set to mid level battery saver. Any ideas?
I had the same thing happen on my S7 and my Note 7. In both instances I restored either from a backup or the smart switch. With my Note 7 I would take it off the charger at 9 pm before going to work and would be at 30% by around 3 am. Not great. So despite the time it took to setup the phone I decided to do a hard reset, as I did with my S7. Now by 7 am, depending on use, I'm at 30-40%. That's with using an audio book player on for about 3-4 hours. Still tweaking it a bit. But it's gotten better.

I'm going to try package disabled and see where I get after that. Hopefully it should get better.

FYI.... I also use dark themes on the phone and any apps if available. I also keep the screen at about 50% brightness which is fine for me since the nits on this phone are crazy bright.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo