Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??

DatBkdude

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
THIS GUY :'(

Picked up the phone friday from an AT&T store by my house. Got home, put the phone on the charger and when I went to pick it up it was SUPER HOT. So I did what most humans would have done. I dropped the phone. Phone fell right on the corner and thats when my world shattered. Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 2.58.54 PM.png

I spent Appx 4 hours on the phone with both AT&T and asurion. Asurion told me that they don't have any Note 7's in stock and would send me a Galaxy s7 Edge. The rep informed me "its the same phone, just without the pen" I proceeded to run down all of the differences between the devices. She was not happy. They also told me I had another option which is to wait 4-6 weeks for a device, and even then there was no guarantee of a note 7. I was highly annoyed.

So after about an hour on the phone with AT&T and multiple managers later. I finally got a resolution.

AT&T agreed to send me a brand new device, a free Case and screen protector...I GOT LUCKY.

Now I take full responsibility for what I did to my device, but at the same time Asurion is terrible..

So yeah..put a case on your phones people

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Omg wow, thanks for sharing....as soon as i got my new Note7 I went to best buy and bought the SView cover, I will buy a screen protector tomorrow

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that and good on AT&T part to take care of their customer even though they didn't have to. And as far insurance goes they are all terrible and I never bother buying insurance. I put a case to protect and even by any chance I break my phone I rather spend money on repair that I have saved till now not paying that additional insurance from past several years.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Omg wow, thanks for sharing....as soon as i got my new Note7 I went to best buy and bought the SView cover, I will buy a screen protector tomorrow

Those S view cases don't protect well against drops. I purchased a Supcase Unicorn Beetle almost two weeks before I got my phone and put it on right away. Not the best protection but better than nothing. Then on Friday I purchased a Tech21 Tactical XT case which is basically a Defender style case. No way I would ever leave this phones without a lot of protection on them and even with these cases it's not a sure thing.

Wow to ATT though!!

nfsw

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
So sad it happened to your phone on first day. And thank God you got a solution from AT&T.

You are right. The case is a must accessory.

Posted via Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm the Sview cover looks nice, but you're right, i might invest in another case, this case by the way cost me $63.59 at Best Buy 😔

e8acc3a4b1365a03b8b85efe6932011a.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Everyone busted me about how butt ugly my iBlason Armorbox case was on my Note 5! In 14 months, I dropped it three times - twice on a corner. Never cracked!

Note5.jpg

I'll live with BUTT UGLY thanks - so much so, guess what my Note 7 went in at the AT&T Store before I walked out the door? Yep

Note7.jpg

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
15 year verizon customer with 8 lines. I don't think verizon would have done that for me. I think AT&T did a great thing. Happy for the OP!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this has happened before... Asurion doesn't have newly released devices at times and will give you what they consider to be an equivalent device (usually not what you would consider equivalent)

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone get super hot while using it, or just when it's charging? After using my phone for a little while, it gets super warm

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah just like the video of that guy dropping at three feet... Right at the corner/curve of screen ??????. Probably the weakest part of glass regardless if gg5

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Why does everyone say unicorn beetle cases arent that great for drop protection? I had one on my note 4 the entire 2 years i had it. Dropped it too many times to count and my note 4 still looks brand new. Note 7 immediately went in a sup case as soon as I got it.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone say unicorn beetle cases arent that great for drop protection? I had one on my note 4 the entire 2 years i had it. Dropped it too many times to count and my note 4 still looks brand new. Note 7 immediately went in a sup case as soon as I got it.

We are twins!! :D My 2 year old Note 4, in Tough Armor case with Temp Glass, took many a fall, to the front, back side, the Note 4 is like brand new. When my Note 7 arrived, it went RIGHT INTO A TOUGH ARMOR CASE. I waited a couple hours while I was doing basic setup, and then the temp glass went..My Note 7, like my Note 4, never ever will see a NAKED day.. Of course others may think otherwise.. But we are on the same protective train. .. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez