Bought The Note 7 After Being A Loyal iPhone User For Years... Here Are My Thoughts

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm another iPhone convert. Originally an Android user. Had the first Motorola Droid, then Droid 2, then started drinking the iPhone koolaid. Don't get me wrong, the koolaid is good. Definite advantages over android, but also many shortcomings. Depends on what you like and what you get used to. I hated iOS when I first switched from a android but I adjusted. Now I'm getting reacquainted with a android and it's not going too bad. Definitely some things about iOS I'm going to miss. Fluidity, simplicity, and the more rugged aluminum back. However, the beauty and features of the Note 7 are certainly easing the pain of the switch.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been with android since the beginning, I had the htc g1, I've owned most actually, the incredible, droid x, gs1-4, the gs6 briefly, moto x, lg g2 and 3, htc thunderbolt, htc dna, htc one x, htc one, a couple nexus phones, and note 1 and 2. I also owned every iphone since the iphone 4 launched on verizon.

I use to switch back and forth but after have a kid two years ago, I've tried to settle down and currently have been using a iphone only, briefly tried the gs6 but switched back to my iphone. Ive always loved android but now after using ios for so long I honestly prefer the way the apps are, not saying the are better but they are designed or run a little differently. I guess the older I get the more I prefer not to have change, lol.

But the note 7 is seriously tempting me, I hate big phones, use to love it but I've been over it for a few years. I honestly like the iphone se but something inside me always wants the latest and best specs. So I've been using the iphone 6s and I know I'm going to have to switch to the iphone 7 plus to have the best this year and dread it because of bezels. After playing with the note 7 at best buy, I didn't even think it was a big phone.

Hardware, apple has always been on top. Well not so much the last couple of years, sure I still think the 6 series looks good but the bezels are ridiculously bad now, have been for a while. Looks like it will have to wait until next year to change that as well, plus the note 7 blows it out of the water in looks now. It's crazy how far Samsung has come to make a beautiful looking smartphone.

So decisions decisions, not sure what to do.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never complained about the screen on my 6s plus but man does the Note 7's screen blow it away......... and I like not being tethered to iTunes for my music. Expandable storage is another bonus. I already have a few 128GB cards that I bought for my camera, so I just popped one in. No regrets.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
actually the note 7 CAN be just as fluid as the iPhone. What you have to do is get rid of all bloatware and a bunch of useless stock apps with a bloatware disabler app on the play store, and get nova prime. Turn off sync too for a lot of useless ****, and replace stock apps with those off the play store which are more efficient. Clear cache, restart... and bam.. all good to go.
I too just switched from iOS. Any chance you can post a step by step on all this?

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
So I've never had an Android before; the Note 7 is first. My last phone was the iPhone 6 and I've always been die hard Apple fan that would never consider an Android phone because, well, iPhones are iPhones. The Note 7 stuck out me so much that I felt it was a phone worthy enough to finally make the switch and I'll tell you...
Do you guys agree with my comparison? Feel free to discuss:)

I'm glad you made the switch. I've been a Android user from the start, even had the original Moto Droid from that I moved to Samsung started with the S2, then the S4, followed by the Note 4, Note 5, and now the Note 7. Most of my mom's side of the family are huge iPhone fans so we're constantly bickering over who's phone is better at family functions. My dad's side is more Android and I happen to be the techie if the family so everyone comes to me for help with trouble shooting or questions about how to do something. My biggest complaint with iPhones is that they're not very "customizable" (at least from what I've seen from playing around with them). I know Android can take some getting used to if you are new to it but once you do you can pretty much navigate any Android phone. I will admit that there have been some features that iPhone has that I wish were also on android but it wouldn't be a competitive market if that was the case. Anyway great post, enjoy your Note! 😊

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad this thread is here. I've also been an iPhone user since the 1st Gen model dropped 7-years ago. I went from a 6s+ back down to a 6s because the bezels on the plus model made the device uncomfortably long for me. Being the curious type though...and because I'm also an ex-BlackBerry guy...I bought the BlackBerry Priv for something "different", and I hated the sharp corners & slider design...but I kinda thought the Android was kinda cool. Unfortunately I old the Priv before spending much quality time with it to get used to Andrid OS...

Since the Priv I've also had a Note 5 & Galaxy s6...but neither one turned me on enough to keep. However, after being completely disappointed by the new 2015 iPhone 7..and the lack of new hardware design from my current device, the Note 7 is looking like it might be my next phone...

If I can be patient enough to really give Android a fair chance rather than getting frustrated & giving up...we might have a winner.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I too just switched from iOS. Any chance you can post a step by step on all this?

Sorry if some of these are kind of obvious... Hope this helps
36dabf6d7df2cab0cb26d52f7f6a9582.jpg

9ac4caadba8a86b79e34f6ee0c3fb067.jpg
3be22da9b26f6dd8b3db83ed37e4d89c.jpg
e0289d609fc53d1e18d7e2208d017285.jpg
73aefc0b4fc9f33808a4e162077b0b7d.jpg
6a1bd34169e0ab45bf1c38ab5ddf837a.jpg
f4a8c462710981090eb7790f3de25cb3.jpg
5624d7b5d3bc2b2a3e4ff67f189aa576.jpg

I'm not sure which cache he's referring to if it's the main cache the only way I know to clear it is to turn the phone off then simultaneously hold down the power, home, & volume up button and that will get you into recovery mode. Using the volume keys scroll down to clear cache then confirm, then restart, don't select anything else.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been with android since the beginning, I had the htc g1, I've owned most actually, the incredible, droid x, gs1-4, the gs6 briefly, moto x, lg g2 and 3, htc thunderbolt, htc dna, htc one x, htc one, a couple nexus phones, and note 1 and 2. I also owned every iphone since the iphone 4 launched on verizon.

I use to switch back and forth but after have a kid two years ago, I've tried to settle down and currently have been using a iphone only, briefly tried the gs6 but switched back to my iphone. Ive always loved android but now after using ios for so long I honestly prefer the way the apps are, not saying the are better but they are designed or run a little differently. I guess the older I get the more I prefer not to have change, lol.

But the note 7 is seriously tempting me, I hate big phones, use to love it but I've been over it for a few years. I honestly like the iphone se but something inside me always wants the latest and best specs. So I've been using the iphone 6s and I know I'm going to have to switch to the iphone 7 plus to have the best this year and dread it because of bezels. After playing with the note 7 at best buy, I didn't even think it was a big phone.

Hardware, apple has always been on top. Well not so much the last couple of years, sure I still think the 6 series looks good but the bezels are ridiculously bad now, have been for a while. Looks like it will have to wait until next year to change that as well, plus the note 7 blows it out of the water in looks now. It's crazy how far Samsung has come to make a beautiful looking smartphone.

So decisions decisions, not sure what to do.

^^ This. I'm in the exact same situation. Been an iPhone die hard user/fanboy since the beginning and everything at home is all Apple (multiple iPads, Airplay, AppleTV, etc).
But lately iOS has gotten stale, and this Note 7 is too tempting to jump ship

Like you said, Decisions Decisions!!!

TheSheepd0g

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Good choice, have had every Note since release every year and this is by far the most refined and even better screen than my Note 5 can tell the difference. Also I bet the Iphone can't manage this....

[url]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/Soldier36/14088976_615437231951410_1879978229_n_zpsskilq2an.gif[/URL]

...looks pretty "fluid" to me! I've got my N7 sitting at FedEx on a vacation hold. Almost home now, looking forward to tomorrow so I can begin my review comparison. iPhone 6 to N7, had Note 4 awhile back and hated the battery life and lag that was present. Here's to hoping the N7 is as amazing as it looks!!

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have always used both iOS and android devices...i can pinpoint exactly where both operating systems lag....at this point android and iOS are similar in real world performance

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Observations from a long-time iPhone user

I was an Android user back with the first Droid; I loved that phone. However, I switched over to iPhone with the iPhone and stayed with Apple all the way through the iPhone 6S Plus, which I just traded in for the Note 7. Here are some things I've noticed: 1. I love the design; even if I never use the pen, I like having it. 2. This feels like a premium phone, and the screen is amazing. 3. I love the waterproofing; I was always paranoid running (and sweating) with my iPhone! 4. Android is hard! I've figured it out, but you definitely have to want to learn in order to really dig deep into any of the settings. I'd recommend most people I know to go with the Samsung Easy mode. 5. iMessage is impossible to leave. I did everything I could, and eventually just changed my number, before I could get into group messages. I couldn't believe it! Oh, I also threw a memory card in and downloaded all my Spotify playlists onto it-what a luxury.
Overall, I'm loving the Galaxy Note!:D

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Observations from a long-time iPhone user

I logged out of my icloud account and did a factory restore. IMessage all gone. New phone texting works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89