Samsung Keyboard Help

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
On my LG G4 I used to use Google Keyboard, which was great and all, but I like the number row along to top that the Samsung keyboard offers. Anyways, for whatever reason, the Samsung keyboard refuses to auto-capatilize "i". In addition, it doesn't automatically put in an apostrophe when I type contractions like "dont". Anyone know how to fix this? I have auto check spelling, predictive text, and auto capitalize on in the settings.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
On my LG G4 I used to use Google Keyboard, which was great and all, but I like the number row along to top that the Samsung keyboard offers. Anyways, for whatever reason, the Samsung keyboard refuses to auto-capatilize "i". In addition, it doesn't automatically put in an apostrophe when I type contractions like "dont". Anyone know how to fix this? I have auto check spelling, predictive text, and auto capitalize on in the settings.

I noticed the apostrophe issue when typing, but it does seem to capitalize I for me. I also noticed using swipe it does insert apostrophes. Weird.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm back on Google Keyboard until I find a fix. It was too frustrating.

I'm trying to stick with Samsung's for now. I found Google Keyboard extremely frustrating for a few weeks until it finally learned my typing style. Aesthetically Google's looks nicer, but I like all the long press for special characters on Samsung's.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to stick with Samsung's for now. I found Google Keyboard extremely frustrating for a few weeks until it finally learned my typing style. Aesthetically Google's looks nicer, but I like all the long press for special characters on Samsung's.

Google has long press for special characters. It's turned off by default (god knows why) but look in the settings, you'll find it.