Always on screen...are you using it?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I use mine during work hours. I only take a quick glance at it to see how much longer I have to listen to my boss' idle chatter. Looking at my watch or the wall clock seems rude.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a setting to make the Screen off memo show for more than 1 hour? I don't use it but a co-worker does and he said it was limited to 1 hr, curious if anyone knows a way to make the display time of the note longer. Thanks!

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is a very productive feature. I can just glance at the phone and see if I have any text messages or emails and who sent me the message as opposed to having to turn on the display with the old method. I am using the Events and Task calendar right now.

Does anyone know if there are more templates to select from in addition to the ones that come with the Note 7?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
How did you get the temperature on the AOD?

Its probably just a weather app with notification enabled on lockscreen or stays in the notification shade. hope that makes sense. Weather Channel stays in the notification shade which will make the temp show on aod.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How did you get the temperature on the AOD?
Have a weather app such as Weathebug, in your settings of the weather app turn on live conditions on notifications. Below is How it's done on Weathebug, basically just have to put the weather app on the status bar.

15ca91dc0dec11589b0ff5b0647f070c.jpg

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted AOD to work, but here's what I noticed...

1) AOD is disabled when Power Saving Mode is turned on.

2) The calendar appointments are only displayed if you're using Sammy's calendar app. (I disabled it because I like Google Calendar better).

:(

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I use it and it keeps making me think I've received a text. I came from iPhone so I'm not used to anything on the screen when not in use. Love not having to wake the phone up to check the time of to see if I have any new messages.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on yesterday and after 24 hours, I've not notice much change in battery life. MAYBE 5%. I'll leave it on for a few days and see if that trend continues.

BTW I am unable to get any temperature to appear in my status bar, even with Weatherbug. I'm not sure why.

Rob

Edit: Figured it out. Notifications for it were disabled. :)