Any way to move the Google Photos app to SD card?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't on my Verizon N7.

I really want to be able to manage my photos on my SD card with the Photos app instead of the Gallery.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't on my Verizon N7.

I really want to be able to manage my photos on my SD card with the Photos app instead of the Gallery.
Can you not view your photos on your SD card with Google Photos?

You can't delete from the SD card using Google photos from what I understand.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Can you not view your photos on your SD card with Google Photos?

You can't delete from the SD card using Google photos from what I understand.

I can view them, but can't delete them using the Google Photos app. I have read that if you move the app to the SD card, you can then delete photos on the card.

However, on my Verizon N7, I am not able to move the app to the sd card. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can view them, but can't delete them using the Google Photos app. I have read that if you move the app to the SD card, you can then delete photos on the card.

However, on my Verizon N7, I am not able to move the app to the sd card. :)
Yeah I read something the other day that you can't delete photos from the SD card with Google Photos, only from the device.

As far as moving an app to the SD card, without root some phones and apps limit being able to move an app to the SD card and I know no other way around that.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If you upload and delete from the main storage you wouldn't need the sd card for space. You could just skip the whole thing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of not being able to delete from the SD card is a Google Photos, Android or Samsung limitation.

You can use the Samsung Plus app, do a video chat to get that department (you don't have enough to turn your camera on if you don't want) and ask them if they know.

Also Google has some groups for bug reports, you can file one in case it is Google or Android and maybe it is something they will include in an update.