Kinda pissed. Three day old Blue Coral N7 dropped and screen cracks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Big Red hooked me up with the insurance I had taken out three days prior thru Asurion. I signed the affidavit today and Asurion sent me a email asking some general questions then took a payment of $199 and a N7 will be arriving tomorrow afternoon.

Defender Case is on order btw

That's great! Happy for you! :)

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it happened. Tbe UAG case failed to do its job. The center left Edge screen cracked. Freaking pissed to holy hell!!

It's that edge screen. Very hard to protect. Insurance is mandatory with a $800 phone really. I broke 2 s7 edge with a speck candy shell on one and OtterBox on the other. Even with a case drops can kill it.

I like to test a case by putting water on a table. I drop the phone face down on the water and if the screen itself gets wet you'll know there will be an impact if you drop it.

avivzan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
note 3 is kind of a tank i drop it also countless times without a case and nothing happened to it except some cosmetic bumps so i think most of the credit should be to the note 3 rather than then the UAG case.

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it happened. Tbe UAG case failed to do its job. The center left Edge screen cracked. Freaking pissed to holy hell!!

Yep, sometimes glass cracks even when it's protected when dropped (that sucks) in other news gravity is still working.

When I read N7 I thought you were referring to a Nexus 7 at first... The abbreviation GS7 may be a better one for that device.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
note 3 is kind of a tank i drop it also countless times without a case and nothing happened to it except some cosmetic bumps so i think most of the credit should be to the note 3 rather than then the UAG case.
Agree it's a tank but I do disagree the case doesn't have a lot to do with it. In my case at least I bet I dropped the N3 fifty times btw myself in my professional environment and my children. Most of the time it came out unscathed other than the really hard drops. In my case a case definitely helped

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha...man, this is such truth right there. I have been saying this for a long while now, but I just don't understand this type of thinking. Beautiful phones that are supposed to stand out but that don't because of these fugly cases to protect it in. It would be like buying a super nice sports car and then wrapping it with black rubber all around it, making it look stupid. But hey, it still drives fast and handles well! Jeez...phones like the one plus 3 can perform just as nice for so much lower of a cost. Marketing and advertising works though, as proven by Samsung.

I don't care if my phone stands out at all and marketing has absolutely nothing to do with my purchase. My previous phones were the Nexus 5, Note 4 and Nexus 6p. The phone has the best display ever on a smart phone, amazing camera and wireless charging, all upgrades from the 6p. The S pen is also unique and I find a lot of use in it. There is a reason that many reviews say that the Note 7 is the best phone so far this year.

As far as cases go, I would compare them to a new paint job on the sports car. You maintain all of the features and it keeps things looking nice and fresh. Cases add protection, grip and quick and easy customization. They also add a little piece of mind which is priceless.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't care if my phone stands out at all and marketing has absolutely nothing to do with my purchase. My previous phones were the Nexus 5, Note 4 and Nexus 6p. The phone has the best display ever on a smart phone, amazing camera and wireless charging, all upgrades from the 6p. The S pen is also unique and I find a lot of use in it. There is a reason that many reviews say that the Note 7 is the best phone so far this year.

As far as cases go, I would compare them to a new paint job on the sports car. You maintain all of the features and it keeps things looking nice and fresh. Cases add protection, grip and quick and easy customization. They also add a little piece of mind which is priceless.
Very Well Stated

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Drop Test video. The screen gets dropped over 50 times on the front of the phone and still works. It's definitely the back and the edges that you need to worry about.

Kimberly Rowan

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the Otter Box case on mine when it hit the ground and shattered my screen. I too have insurance but I swear this screen is not better than the note 3. I have dropped that phone from the top of a flight of stairs and it doesn't have a scratch on it and it only had a caseology thin case.

Kimberly Rowan

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
LMAO I said the same thing. This new glass isnt worth its weight in anything. Its a shame you pay 950 for a phone that's supposed to be better and it cant even pass the screen test. I mean without the damn screen the phone is worthless. AMEN to the monkey glass.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It may sound weird, but with these new glass phones I feel like the more careful you are, the greater the chance for an accident. I carry my phone naked, throw it in my pocket with whatever, throw it on the seat when I get in the car, I even sat on it at a baseball game. No scratches, drops or anything . I refuse to be hostage to a phone.

Now I'm certainly not recommending that to the masses, but my experience has been, the more you fuss over something, the more fragile it becomes.

Sorry. No one should have to deal with a new broken phone

Kimberly Rowan

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
If it didn't run so slow now I wouldn't have upgraded. I love my note 3. Nothing has destroyed it and trust me its been without a case or a screen protector and hit the pavement on many occasions but yet it still looks great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty