How's your Note 7 Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: One Week In - How's your Note 7 Experience?

After a few days I am very happy and I can't get over how amazing this Coral Blue is!!!

No lag, battery life is great.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

For those of you coming from a Note 5 how does the N7 compare when listening to music with headphones? Still on the fence about upgrading. I will say if the N7 is released in the pink color that Best Buy has the S7 in I will be powerless to resist. I went to see it today and I thought it was beautiful. A Note 7 in that color would be stunning.
I use lg tones and there really is no difference between my note 5 and note 7 as far as sound quality. The connection seems to be good too, not choppy like others have said. Only problem is I can't get my n7 to connect to my explorers radio.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

For those of you coming from a Note 5 how does the N7 compare when listening to music with headphones? Still on the fence about upgrading. I will say if the N7 is released in the pink color that Best Buy has the S7 in I will be powerless to resist. I went to see it today and I thought it was beautiful. A Note 7 in that color would be stunning.
I have always wanted one of the pink Notes and they never make it to the US. Now there is a possibility one will and it will likely end Best Buy only also.. They don't carry T-Mobile phones 😠

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
New user having several issues with my new Note 7

I am sure there will be excuses as to why, or maybe there will be some educated people on here that can discern what I am speaking about.

I read forums, I rarely join them but it needed to be noted here (no pun intended) about how bad this phone sucks.

I have a us version coal blue note 7 on T-MO.

First, the one has an annoying duplicating notification tone. Sounds like it's on repeat or a DJ puts it on loop. The phone will ring for 2 to 15 seconds unless you hit the power button. Even that sometimes doesn't work. After a hard reset, and loading just one app to get notification sounds, the issue repeated it self immediately on the first sound. Oddly, it doesn't do it on all of the notifications, rather just some. It wasn't multiple notifications either, just one that caused it.

Two, the annoying messages crash. (Even the Bestbuy Samsung Rep.) was getting them on her phone. <~More on that later.
The messages app will just crash while typing. And I am by far not the only one getting that error. It happens at various times for no rhyme or reason.

Three, the loud ... sounds. I know this is an issue that is on every phone. The issue being, you can precisely alter your sounds without using Fine Volume Control or another app that I found yesterday. That is annoying as s....

Four, the weak a.. battery life. It sucks... 850.00 for a phone, .... should just work. Don't give me the whole "it's new" blah blah.. Because even being an iPhone guy, I never experienced this many problems - and I always get my phones Day 1 with them. (THEY ARE NOT WITHOUT ISSUES) I get that.. but as bad as the battery is (it's not this bad). The sound just works. I don't get stupid popups out of the box (ie. candy crush pop up when I turned on the phone). I don't get what all the hype is about...

Five, the email system SUCKS! Deleting email on this thing is like watching flies you know what. I don't expect kids to understand this, but for working professionals, being able to swipe to delete "QUICKLY" like you can on an iPhone is important. It's sluggish at best... The outlook app is better but not by much... And I should not have to go and test 20 apps to see which one works the best when the one on the phone AND it's apps should just work.

Six.. Reception issues.. The phone just gets poor reception... My iPhone and buddies Nexus received 4 out of 5 bars in most locations where as my Note 7 - did not. Averaged 2/3 bars. And again, I am not the only one with this problem. HOWEVER It does seem to be more on TMO than anything else.

Seven, constant crashes!

I did go to BestBuy to their Samsung rep and had them look at the phone after all the issues, the hard reset, sim switch, etc... The young lady there did the in place software refresh to see if their were any hangups. The notification loop, still there. Poor reception? Still there. Message error, still there. Funny though, after all was said and done, she told me she received the message error crash as well - and that it's been happening since she received the phone.

Sadly, a lot of the issues above are on a lot of Samsung Note 7's. Of course T-MO isn't any help either as they just certified the Nougat software for the phone and have no release dates. Where as other carriers are ahead of the 8ball.

Samsung.. YOU HAD ONE job. Build a phone that works... How hard is that? Oh! And PS... the LED Cover, sucks. No magnet? Nothing to keep it closed? Who designed it, an 8 year old? If this is the best attempt at a flagship model, you have a lot of work to do. While there are some things this phone does well, the far outweighs the good by a long shot.

Android fanboys keep on... Trolling is childish and not needed. Maybe you have no issues with your phone, and if that is the case, good for you. For those of us adults who spend our money - we want things that work.

I gave this phone a try and will await Nougat to see if it's resolved. Seeing as I can't return the phone as Coral Blue isn't exactly in stock.

On a side note: I tried a Nexus and my iPhone 6 Plus and everything worked fine. Reception, etc... all worked the way they were supposed to. Back to the note 7 and it did not.

Has anyone else had these issues or some of them? If so have you found a resolotion?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
re: New user having several issues with my new Note 7

Wow. I have been an iPhone user since the start, with a quick trip to android land with the note 3 and S6 edge +.

I am now back on Note 7 and just sold my iPhone 6S and gotta say... I cannot recognize any of the issues you're talking about. Hate to say this, but my note just works... battery life is decent too.

I'm not an android fanboy at all, but more of a tech fanboy, and this note 7 takes the cake for the best device I have had to date.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I havent had the issues your talking about. I am on verizon though.

Just curious, the LED cover? Magnet?

Sounds like the note7 isnt for you, and maybe neither is tmobile.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

That is why they give us a 14 day return period. You can see if the phone fits your needs and you enjoy the way it works and all the features. You can return it and pick up the iphone 7 if that will fit your needs better. I agree there are things I like on my iphone more and things I like more on the iphone 6s plus. No phone is perfect.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

You should definitely go back to an iPhone as quickly as possible. From what I can tell that seems to be the only possible way to prevent you from stroking out.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I agree the stock email app kinda sucks. I haven't had the messages app crash. Facebook crashed a few times and chrome crashed once yesterday. My battery life has been great for an Android phone. So-so compared to my iPhone though. I'm in no way an Android fan boy but I haven't had a lot of the problems you're having. I'm on Sprint though and not T-Mobile. Reception wise mine has been the same as my GS7E and my iPhone 6 plus. These are just my experiences. The messaging app crashing would irritate the heck out of me if I was experiencing it. I send a lot of links and stuff.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I have not had even one of those problems. For example, I find the email client better performing and faster than even the one on my iPhone 6S Plus.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I had a few issues with my note 7. Would open an app and then go to the lock screen. Would exit text message app in the middle of a text, and an issue with Wi-Fi calling. Called Verizon and was told since I was within the 14 day window, to go to a Verizon store for a new unit. I did so and this one works great.

As with any new device, battery life appears to suck. That is because we tend to use the device a lot the first few days. Currently I get a full day out of it with some life left in it when I put it on the charger at night. The first few days I put it on the charger several times a day, because I was checking out the display with 4K HDR videos and tweaking my settings to my liking.
Overall the Note 7 is a winner in my book.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I had a few issues with my note 7. Would open an app and then go to the lock screen. Would exit text message app in the middle of a text, and an issue with Wi-Fi calling. Called Verizon and was told since I was within the 14 day window, to go to a Verizon store for a new unit. I did so and this one works great.

As with any new device, battery life appears to suck. That is because we tend to use the device a lot the first few days. Currently I get a full day out of it with some life left in it when I put it on the charger at night. The first few days I put it on the charger several times a day, because I was checking out the display with 4K HDR videos and tweaking my settings to my liking.
Overall the Note 7 is a winner in my book.

Thank you... Unfortunately the coral blue isn't available or I would have done that. Even when I went to see the rep for Samsung, her own phone had issues but she could not return it except to mail it back in. At this point, it's a waiting game, but the phone just sucks.

Appreciate the response... we will see what happens with the replacement.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I agree the stock email app kinda sucks. I haven't had the messages app crash. Facebook crashed a few times and chrome crashed once yesterday. My battery life has been great for an Android phone. So-so compared to my iPhone though. I'm in no way an Android fan boy but I haven't had a lot of the problems you're having. I'm on Sprint though and not T-Mobile. Reception wise mine has been the same as my GS7E and my iPhone 6 plus. These are just my experiences. The messaging app crashing would irritate the heck out of me if I was experiencing it. I send a lot of links and stuff.

Thanks Tiny! It would seem it's a good mix of T-mo and the phone it self.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Personally you should take the phone back and get something else while you can, even if it is a coral blue one.

FWIW.. There isn't a Galaxy phone made that gets great cell signals in my area on AT&T.. Not since the Note 2 since that one could be rooted easily and change out the radio on it.. Right now in my household we have the s 6, s6 active, Note 5, and I have owned the s7 edge briefly last month.. So I am familiar with this issue too.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

i have no issues with my verizon note 7 other then the auto correct feature just does not work. My battery on my note 7 lasts about the same as my s7 edge did. I actually have better reception on my note 7 then my previous phones (note 5 and s7 edge).

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I have not had even one of those problems. For example, I find the email client better performing and faster than even the one on my iPhone 6S Plus.

I'd say it's on par with the iPhone email client. I had problems with the iPhone mail app too. Overall they both work and both have their annoying little hangups at times. Even the Gmail app gave me problems at times. Delete an email then go back to the app later and it didn't actually get deleted. Doesn't happen all the time or anything just annoying when it does lol.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Three, the loud ... sounds. I know this is an issue that is on every phone

Apparently my phone has a problem with the sound that I was unaware of...lol

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like you're more of an iPhone guy so maybe that's the phone that works best for you. I've had iPhone before and I've had nothing but problems which is why I went with android and I honestly will never go back to Apple when it comes to their phones, which to me are just too boring. Everyone has their preferences though. Sorry this phone is not working to your liking, but you shouldn't waste time on it if you feel that Apple is the right phone for you. No need to bring negativity to a forum dedicated to an android device when it's clear as day that you like Apple better. I'm sure it wouldn't make sense for me to go to an Apple forum and start bashing the phone I clearly don't like. My sister's blue coral Note 7 works perfectly fine and she isn't experiencing any of the issues you are. Maybe it has something to do with carrier as we are on AT&T. It could be that you just got a lemon as they do exist in every phone release, including apple. I've received a defective device from apple on release day, out of the box, brand new, the home button wasn't working. Got it replaced, but ever since then, I've always had issues, so when it came to upgrading, I chose samsung instead and couldn't be happier. Everyone has their preference and if Apple is your preference, there's nothing wrong with that. Just doesn't make sense to waste all that negative energy when you could just return the device and get the one that suits your needs best. No one forced you to buy the phone.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I didn't know there were any issues with reception on those phones. Actually in my research on reception, they claimed the nexus was better but the Galaxy was just behind it. My colleagues on Tmo as well and has a note 7 and he gets 5 bars where we are at, where as I get 1 maybe 2... Certainly a phone issue, but the other things are software. He has the same issues with messages but not nearly as often. As well he has issues with the phone locking up (which I do not). A lot of QC issues going on with this supposed flagship.

Status
Not open for further replies.