Note 7 Wish List

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Thought I'd start a thread where we can post what we'd like to see for improvements on the Note 7 (software-wise at least), so maybe Samsung will give us some updates along the way.

Here are some of mine, in no particular order...

- I'd like more flexibility for the Always On Display. For example, a setting where the clock color will change randomly throughout the day. The ability to change more of the colors, especially when selecting Calendar. Maybe even have that funky little background pattern on the Calendar layout too. Custom font styles would be nice for those who are into that sort of thing (I'm not, but others would be I'm sure).

- I don't care for how the Edge stuff takes over the whole screen, even though you can kinda see what's under it. I'd rather it just slide partway over, and had a handle to thumb-swipe it back rather than having to hit the back button.

- Settings to change between a light and dark mode for the Phone and Settings menus.

- Make the Gallery more like the Android 5 gallery, or at least make that an option. I don't care for the various Play-store alternatives.

- More color choices for folder backgrounds

I'll think of more later I'm sure, but that's it for now.

Rob

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
  • Extra DPI scaling options so some of us can make stuff super-tiny in order to fit more stuff on-screen but retain a legible image.
  • Good Lock support for the Note7 with a smaller display density
  • Ability for the S Pen translate software to translate an entire sentence.
  • Bring back Action Memos to Samsung Notes.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
A properly working autocorrect Samsung keyboard!!

The ability to turn OFF Samsung's voice to text (let me choose what the microphone activates...currently I'm stuck with Samsung when trying to dictate texts even though I have Google installed and ready to go. If I turn off Samsung Voice the microphone just does nothing...it still won't default to Google).

Action notes incorporated into Samsung Notes (i.e. ONE app that does it all)

The ability to have Events (currently does this) as WELL as Reminders show up in the AOD calendar layout.

The ability to make the AOD clock font as large or small as I want it (or at least some sizing flexibility, even if only 3 choices...one larger and one smaller, for example).

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

• [*]Extra DPI scaling options so some of us can make stuff super-tiny in order to fit more stuff on-screen but retain a legible image.
    [*]Good Lock support for the Note7 with a smaller display density

You must have really good eyeballs!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
  • Extra DPI scaling options so some of us can make stuff super-tiny in order to fit more stuff on-screen but retain a legible image.
  • Good Lock support for the Note7 with a smaller display density

You should be able to change DPI through adb to anything you like.

You can install the old app to get action memo.

grnidb

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
The ability to turn OFF Samsung's voice to text

OMG you are right the voice to text is horrible, this is how you can turn it off.

Settings->General Management->Language and input->Text-to-Speech then select your google text to speech option.

grnidb

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I would like an option that once your phone hits a predetermined % of power it automatically goes into the power saving mode of your preset choosing.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OMG you are right the voice to text is horrible, this is how you can turn it off.

Settings->General Management->Language and input->Text-to-Speech then select your google text to speech option.

Yeah I have that set up correctly but when using the Samsung keyboard I still only get Samsung's voice to text. And if I turn that off and try to turn just the google voice to text on, the mic just does nothing. I ended up going over to Swiftkey and now I get Google speech to text.